On MLB just now the host were asking what should Baltimore give up to get Miller from the A's

Gurgi

Posted (edited)

Pretty much they assumed anyone is for sale on the A's and they went into detail of who Baltimore should give up for Miller.

One said Westburg one said Cowser one said Kjerstad.  One guy said no way they could give up Cowser he was too much.  I also get the idea they think this was just the main part of the trade but that Oakland should expect more.

They did say Westburg and Cowser together was too much to give up.  

One guy said no to Cowser because he could be an MVP one day.

Edited by Gurgi

Posted (edited)

I’d likely give up Kjerstad for him. It would be a tough decision because I’m worried about Miller holding up physically.

I’m not sure the As would want a 1 for 1 though.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d likely give up Kjerstad for him. It would be a tough decision because I’m worried about Miller holding up physically.

I’m not sure the As would want a 1 for 1 though.

Agree, Kjerstad is the only one of those 3 I'd entertain.

• Upvote 1

The health thing with diabetes I honestly did not know till today.  The arm seems fine.  However it is a major risk.  He has lots of years left but giving up a first round blue chip kid with six years control is a lot itself.  

I think we dont do it because Santander is going to walk this year and we will need Kjerstad.  Also Hays seems to be wearing down so we need a replacement ready for him.  

I guess I am a no.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, potota_bread said:

Someone actually said Westburg? Yikes....

Yes but another dude said "Westburg?  He is so hot right now.  "

Those were the three names to headline the trade.  Westburg or Cowser or Kjerstad.  One guy really wanted to deal Kjerstad for Miller.  

Edited by Gurgi

Just now, Gurgi said:

Yes but another dude said Westburg?  He is so hot right now.  

Those were the three names to headline the trade.  Westburg or Cowser or Kjerstad.  One guy really wanted to deal Kjerstad for Miller.  

I could at least understand with Heston. Seems crazy to even suggest Westburg at this point.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

No way to trade Westburg!!!

just because they are on MLB NET doesn't mean they have a clue about the Orioles talent..I wouldn't trade ANY of those three for Miller..NOT ONE.

Edited by Roy Firestone
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, it’s possible Miller goes back to starting.  That is, I believe, Oakland’s plan for him long term. 

That's the only way trading a top prospect for him makes sense to me. Otherwise, I think it's a bad allocation of resources. Surely Elias can build an effective pen without trading away really valuable assets.

2 hours ago, oriole said:

I’d trade both Norby and Stowers for him. 😀

Norby, Stowers, and Kimbrel and 11 million to pay for Kimbrel's salary.  I am tired of seeing Kimbrel.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, deward said:

That's the only way trading a top prospect for him makes sense to me. Otherwise, I think it's a bad allocation of resources. Surely Elias can build an effective pen without trading away really valuable assets.

Well if you told me that he will be elite level high leverage reliever for the next 5 years, I wouldn’t hesitate to trade Kjerstad for him. That’s extremely valuable in todays game.