Fixed ad problem

Tony-OH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to actually go out and install an ad blocker for this site specifically. Without ad blocker this site was unusable on my IPhone.

Did a new window pop up after the page loads and then redirects you to the App Store for a download? That's what mine does and it's annoying as hell.

I may turn off my adblocker now... I would like to support the site, but some of those adds had my cpu sounding like a jet engine all the time.

I turned mine off for this site earlier this year. Previously, the load times were drastically slower with the ads enabled, but it looks like now that they are not that much different from having an ad blocker installed.

Most of us know about ad blockers. Many of us keep ours off to support the site.

Thanks. We appreciate the fact that people that some people understand that it costs money to run a site like this and ads are the way to keep things going. O'm always amazed at people who think they deserve everything for free and aren't even willing to look at some ads. We go out of way to make sure auto audio, pop ups, pop under and other annoying ads are not part of the Hangout. We also work with people when certain problem ads can be pinpointed, even when the vast majority of the time it's really the person has something on their device that is triggered by a the flash on some ads.

Trust me, I get offers everyday from companies that want to bring more intrusive ads to this site, but I turn them down in order to keep the experience as good as possible, even when it means less revenue.

Either way, I appreciate when great Hangouters like yourself ensure ads can be seen so we can continue to bring you this site. even if it means a second or two longer load time.

I don't have any ad blockers, but please fix the damn you won a free iPhone 6s ad that always shows up on my mobile when I'm on the web. There is no way to go around it. It automatically redirects me from orioles hangout to a third party site. I often lose the place in the thread that I was reading. This has essentially eliminated my desire to check out orioleshangout whenever im on mobile, and I happen to use my phone for surfacing more than pc in the past two years.

I don't have any ad blockers, but please fix the damn you won a free iPhone 6s ad that always shows up on my mobile when I'm on the web. There is no way to go around it. It automatically redirects me from orioles hangout to a third party site. I often lose the place in the thread that I was reading. This has essentially eliminated my desire to check out orioleshangout whenever im on mobile, and I happen to use my phone for surfacing more than pc in the past two years.

Our recommendation is to download the tapatalk app. We have no idea why that happens on I phones. Then again, you should be using an Android anyways! lol Seriously though, we are at a loss over the iphone issue. We have nothing that should be coming up so I'm not sure if it's a vbulletin thing or what.

Archived