Matusz comparison?

I was just wondering if anyone would want to take a stab at comparing Matusz to Ross Detwiler from last year's draft. I know that the O's were rumored to have a lot of interest in Detwiler last year.....but Wieters fell into their laps.

I have a feeling that if Alvarez doesn't fall into their laps this year, they will be looking into selecting the top college lefty.

So who is the better professional prospect......Matusz or Detwiler?

I was just wondering if anyone would want to take a stab at comparing Matusz to Ross Detwiler from last year's draft. I know that the O's were rumored to have a lot of interest in Detwiler last year.....but Wieters fell into their laps.

I have a feeling that if Alvarez doesn't fall into their laps this year, they will be looking into selecting the top college lefty.

So who is the better professional prospect......Matusz or Detwiler?

I've asked the question to Jim Callis of who at the MLB level he would compare Matusz to. He didn't give a name, but said he is a lefty, has 3 plus pitches. He also said he doesn't rate guys as a #1 or #2, but rates them as a front line MLB pitcher - which is where he rates Matusz. Earlier in the year I wasn't that enthralled with him, but over the last couple of weeks I have become more enthusiastic about drafting him. While I would like to see another plus hitter in our system, I think Matusz is probably a Double A pitcher who could be in the majors in 2 years.

Archived