Who Is A Better Fit For Orioles: Doug Fister, Yovani Gallardo or Mat Latos?

PressBoxOnline

I feel like the same 20 posters just want to agree with each other and when you say something they don't agree with, they tag team it to chase people off. I am not sure why I bother. Might be part of the reason other boards are sprouting up, just a thought.

That is true. I have been jumped on for my opinion but that's their perogative. Opinions are part of message boards.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe he thought that since the '14 Orioles had a very good rotation and quite a bit of rotation depth that it made sense to trade from that depth to augment the team.

Very true IF, you have the resources to sign a good free agent starter, when the hole you created, shows up. Or, your stuck like we are now.

Duquette's inability to be proactive is why we have many holes to fill.

I feel like the same 20 posters just want to agree with each other and when you say something they don't agree with, they tag team it to chase people off. I am not sure why I bother. Might be part of the reason other boards are sprouting up, just a thought.

Life would be much easier if everyone just agreed with your opinion.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette on <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio">@MLBNetworkRadio</a> said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> will probably hold onto 1st round pick. Would eliminate Gallardo.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette also said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> are "monitoring" market for Doug Fister. Said doesnt get sense Cliff Lee ready to come back. <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio">@MLBNetworkRadio</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There are currently 446 users online.

Please don't complain in the threads.

I'm so against Gallardo but I guess the fact that the Astros are interested is sort of comforting. They know what they're doing and have any and every metric or statistic at their disposal.

So, if the Orioles are interested, it is a bad idea, but if the Astros are interested, it is therefore a good idea?

That is true. I have been jumped on for my opinion but that's their perogative. Opinions are part of message boards.

And you have your right to have yours all the time. Some guys get upset when they are refuted with facts. And that is part of message boards as well.

He has a point. And I will rep him for making that point. It would be nice if we could nurture a more inclusive community here. :thumbsup1:

Please don't complain in the threads. There is a report post icon to use should he feel he is being attacked unfairly.

If Gallardo didn't have a pick attached, is there a price point where he'd be attractive. I understand his k rate, but his homer rate is low. We have a good defense and his ERA+ increased after moving to the AL--even with his poor k:9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're really good at misreading things bro

My point is that if a team like the Astros, who rely as much on advanced statistics as any team in the league and have a good reputation for doing so, maybe it isn't as bad as I thought. But keep on going with that subpar reading comprehension.

I think that is a pretty good point.

If Gallardo didn't have a pick attached, is there a price point where he'd be attractive. I understand his k rate, but his homer rate is low. We have a good defense and his ERA+ increased after moving to the AL--even with his poor k:9.

For sure. Some people would say league minimum. I'd say something like what Fister is asking for (2 yr, $22 mil). The market would say something like 4 yr, $60 mil.

Archived