Kevin Gausman believes the curve is his third pitch

wildcard

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong again I disagree with you, Roch and Barnaby.

Well if you disagree with me, Roch and Barnaby than you do in fact disagree with Roch.

Kinda like if I have a red shirt, a blue shirt and a green shirt than the statement I have a green shirt is still true.

Well if you disagree with me, Roch and Barnaby than you do in fact disagree with Roch.

Kinda like if I have a red shirt, a blue shirt and a green shirt than the statement I have a green shirt is still true.

I thought Roch was inferring wins and losses are meaningless as Wright deserved to get a loss for how badly he pitched?

I was hopeful he had turned a corner after his first three starts. Since then it has been much of the same. He's good when he attacks with the FB but very hittable when he gets behind in the count and can't command the offspeed. I don't know what can be done to fix it. Feeling very down on KG at the moment.

He pitches behind in the count far too much - he acknowledged that his biggest issue after the game when interviewed. He sort of blamed it mostly on his mechanics being out of whack.

He pitches behind in the count far too much - he acknowledged that his biggest issue after the game when interviewed. He sort of blamed it mostly on his mechanics being out of whack.

Most pitchers do. When they fail short and have to talk about it. Rarely do the say that all was well and it was just bad luck.

From 2008-2013, Felix Hernandez went 80-61-55 (.567 WP not including the NDs) in 196 games started even though he rocked a 2.94 ERA, 1.173 WHIP, 134 ERA+, 20 complete games and 7 shutouts.

Comparatively speaking, Ivan Nova has a career record (in 7 years) of 49-36 (.576 WP) in 121 games (108 games started) even though his numbers are much more pedestrian: 4.31 ERA, 1.380 WHIP, 97 ERA+.

So why does Nova who has been the definition of average have a slightly higher winning percentage than Felix Hernandez in the above scenario?

Small sample size as Hernandez has been on a below par team in scoring runs for him. And the opposite for Nova. That is not that common place over a longer time frame - say 20 year career

Most pitchers do. When they fail short and have to talk about it. Rarely do the say that all was well and it was just bad luck.

I don't disagree with you but I was merely responding to some else who posted they wished they could figure out what was wrong with Gausman after he started out the season fairly well and seems to be getting worse the more he pitches.

I don't disagree with you but I was merely responding to some else who posted they wished they could figure out what was wrong with Gausman after he started out the season fairly well and seems to be getting worse the more he pitches.

Yeah. I see that.

Yeah. I see that.

Tillman I believe said recently that he struggled with his mechanics for mostly all of last season but worked on them and now he is back to being the "good" Tillman we had gotten used to. So there is still time for Gausman to get is issues fixed too.:

o

18 OUTS: 8 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 5 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

K.J. GAUSMAN O (vs. YANKEES, 6/05)

IP:l 6

H:;; 7 ll(2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 2

SO: 5

Pitches: 104 (70 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.59

PITCHES BY INNING

21 (15 Strikes, 61 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 61 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 71 Balls)