The Rules For Trading a Player Who Has Accepted a Qualifying Offer.

weams

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3512

A Qualified Player who signs a Major League contract after 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the 5th day after the final game of the World Series receives automatic "no trade" rights that extend through June 15th of the following season, even if the player re-signs with his former club. A Qualified Player who receives "no trade" rights this way can waive the right, but if he does, his club can trade the player only for player contracts and/or cash with a maximum aggregate value of $50,000.

If a Qualified Player signs a Major League contract with a new club after the MLB Rule 4 Draft, or if a Qualified Player signs a minor league contract with a new club and either remains in the minor leagues or is later added to the new club's MLB 40-man roster, the player's new club does NOT forfeit a Rule 4 Draft pick, and the player's former club does NOT receive Rule 4 Draft pick compensation. However, MLB clubs are not permitted to sign a Qualified Player to a minor league contract just to avoid losing a draft pick.

A Qualified Player who receives "no trade" rights this way can waive the right, but if he does, his club can trade the player only for player contracts and/or cash with a maximum aggregate value of $50,000.

The money. Would be worked around. Just have a second transaction where a C prospect gets traded for cash considerations.

The money. Would be worked around. Just have a second transaction where a C prospect gets traded for cash considerations.

Subject to the digression of the MLB front office. Which denies such tomfoolery. Especially with the Orioles involved. Nope. It's air tight.

Wink wink, nudge nudge. A wink is as good as a nudge.

Just like the O's didn't sell the Dodgers' a draft pick.

Shame about Chris O'Brien's labrum. I guess you could make an agreement, with the stupidest club in baseball, to take on Hardy's salary. But now we are tin-foiling again. And Jack and Ruben are gone.

A Qualified Player who receives "no trade" rights this way can waive the right, but if he does, his club can trade the player only for player contracts and/or cash with a maximum aggregate value of $50,000.

So what does this mean in layman's terms? Basically you can only trade for a contract of similar value?

So what does this mean in layman's terms? Basically you can only trade for a contract of similar value?
It means no more then 50K can be added to the trade.

"player contracts and/or cash with a maximum aggregate value of $50,000."

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-cobuild/aggregate%20value

synomyn - Total.

An aggregate amount or score is made up of several smaller amounts or scores added together.

So not net. A player off of any 40 man roster that is not under contract for more than 50k and no take back of money in the transaction either.

Not trading for a balance of value up to 15.8 plus 50. Just 50.

synomyn - Total.

An aggregate amount or score is made up of several smaller amounts or scores added together.

So not net. A player off of any 40 man roster that is not under contract for more than 50k and no take back of money in the transaction either.

So basically it can only be a salary dump? Because no one has a contract below $50k except A ball players.

synomyn - Total.

I disagree with this interpretation.

I don't think any of them are going to be traded so it is probably a moot point.

I don't think any of them are going to be traded so it is probably a moot point.

I think you are incorrect. But I'll ask.

I don't think any of them are EVER going to be traded so it is probably a moot point.

And I agree here.

Archived