millertime

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leo Gomez

I played 3rd base my first year of little league and wore number 10 because he was the O's 3B and he wore 10 And thats all that mattered in my world.I will never forget that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Chris Hoiles good guy, loves the game, fun to watch and had the dream at bat and delivered ... down by 3, bottom 9, bases loaded, 3 balls, 2 strikes, and he hit a grand slam to win in epic walk off fashion ... that's the scenario every kid dreams about and he lived it ...

Mike Deveraux signed more autographs for fans after games than any other player I've ever seen ... I must have 30 autographs from him ... just a good man ...

Andy Van Slyke mainly because I liked him as a Pirate and because I told my friend I could get any autograph I wanted at the game I was going to one night and he told me to get Van Slyke ... and I did ... almost hurt myself physically, but I did it ...

Eric Davis (was my favorite player before I moved to MD from Ohio when I was a Reds fan - that is until I attended my first O's game at 13 and fell in love with OPACY and the birds)

Gregg Olson (the pitcher, not the catcher, hopefully got the right guy spelling-wise) he taught me how to throw his curve at a baseball camp when I was in high school

Ben McDonald good dude, very talented ... ditto what was said about his college coach earlier

Lee Smith because he walked so slow in from the bullpen that they started timing him on the broadcast every time he was called in (figured I could name him because I liked him for this reason more than his HOF worthy play)

Todd Zeile (and the rest of the 9 guys in one lineup with 20+ HRs in a season)

Tony Torasco for acting out the exact feelings I was having while watching Jeffrey Meier ruin my life and while everyone who is not a Baltimore fan that acted like it wasn't a big deal ...

Jay Gibbons because he seemed like he loved being an Oriole despite the terrible seasons we had ...

Sid Fernandez for having a nickname of "Dinner Plate" ...

Jeffrey Hammonds because my first O's game at OPACY was his MLB debut ... I was pumped because I thought he was going to be a superstar ... he was 2 for 2 and was intentionally walked in his MLB debut (cool even if it was more about match ups than him in particular, we won anyway)

Surprised nobody has mentioned:

Chris Sabo

Glenn Davis

Terry Mathews

Ryan Minor

Sidney Ponson

just kidding ... they all cause my blood to boil still to this day and I'm getting fired up just typing this ...

Tom Phoebus. My very first O's game, and he throws a no-hitter against the Red Sox.

Doug Decinces: What 3B would want to start their career.. replacing Brooks?

Mike Devereaux: Always liked his attitude and enthusiasm.

Chris Hoiles: He was left off the AS roster when he should have been on it..and I felt like he never got any respect outside of Baltimore.

Don Stanhouse: because he drove Earl crazy, yet

Earl stayed with him

Russ Snyder: amazing plays in the outfield in the 1966 WS

Rick Sutcliffe: Opening Day winner at Camden Yards

Floyd Rayford: how could a guy with that body be so quick?

Jack Baldschun: Os got him in a trade so they sould pick up Frank Robinson.

Archived