Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the starting lineup.

I do agree that it'll come down to Alvarez (or another optionable guy)/Reimold/or a 13th pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I meant starting. Rickard should be leading off on 4/4.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reimold seems to be grounding out almost every time at bat. I know he was drafted by the Orioles but he is 32 and what is his upside?

You are such a hater; Brady believes!!!

No clue why he was signed, Pearce made more sense. Personally, I would have moved on from both.

Does anyone know why Kim is not playing again today? Is he in minor league games? i thought he needed to see major leauge pitching? i also thought Pedro was going to play some position in spring games. That also has not happened alot.

I have been wondering about this. He skipped a day after playing the day before. Yesterday's starter and today's are both LHP's. I wonder if they are grooming him for a platoon role to start the season. And, more importantly, grooming Rickard.

I have been wondering about this. He skipped a day after playing the day before. Yesterday's starter and today's are both LHP's. I wonder if they are grooming him for a platoon role to start the season. And, more importantly, grooming Rickard.

i thought this time of year is when you see what a player can do against certain pitching?

Probably won't happen and Dariel Alvarez isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball but he makes a lot more sense to me as an extra outfielder over Nolan Reimold and a guy you can spot against LHP's. I think Nolan can still get by offensively but the power isn't what it used to be. Not that he was a star, but he seems a shell of his former self. The infield hit seems to be his calling card. The bat speed ain't what it used to be. Defensively, he's terrible. I've always been a big Reimold backer but I think it's time to move on.

Why does Alvarez make more sense to you?

To me it is pretty much six of one half a dozen of the other.

I wouldn't plan on a lot of at bats or production from either of them.

1. Alvarez is the better defender, just with his arm alone but I think he has better instincts as well. Trumbo should have a late inning defensive replacement and I like Alvarez out there better than Reimold.

2. Alvarez has options so he gives roster flexibility if they need to call up an extra pitcher for a day or two.

3. Alvarez may actually get better with some ML experience. We pretty much know what Reimold is.

1- Other than the arm I don't see it. Reimold I think has a bit more range.

2- Alvarez can be sent down without losing him.

3- Reimold's established ceiling, which he most probably won't reach, is a lot higher than Alvarez with his BB numbers.

Which is one of the reasons it probably won't happen as I suggested. Still, you'd have Hoes down in AAA for insurance among others.
I think Reimold gets stashed on the DL and if they go with a 4 man bench as opposed to an extra RP Alvarez will be that guy.

Archived