Fowler Signs With Cubs.

OStrohNattyBoh

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes no sense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">8 mil base with a 5 mil buyout on a 9 mil option for next season for Fowler</p>— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) <a href="

">February 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think that's all true, but Andino does have a couple other things that leave a positive memory. He played a lot for the 2012 playoff team while the others were dark ages only. And there's a reason he lasted longer than any of the names you mentioned, despite being a similar archetype:  Total rWAR with the Orioles Andino 3.1 Izturis 1.7 Bynum -0.8 Fahey -0.8 Castro -1.2 Cintron -1.2
    • Correct me if I’m wrong, but Kremer has very good “first time through the order” numbers and then tends to see a drop off when batters face him subsequent times. While I certainly don’t think he’s a “bullpen pitcher” per se, given the logjam, moving him to the pen could have its advantages. Though there’s a whole nother discussion about that being outweighed by removing the value he adds  as being an effective starter. 
    • C'mon, that's not true. Criticism doesn't equal negativity.  
    • The only nit I would pick with this summary is the "solid veteran cast," just in terms of production (lack thereof) so far this season by Mullins, Hays, Urias, and McCann. Shockingly, Mateo's .250/.300/.438 is good for a 114 OPS+, and similarly, Santander at .218/.300/.451 weighs in at 118 OPS+. Which just goes to show how far offense must be down league-wide.  
    • From Baseball America  “Langford’s 6.8-foot swing length is the 19th shortest among the 221 players tracked. That’s helpful for contact ability.  And as you might expect, most of the hitters with the shortest swing lengths are pure contact hiters. Luis Arraez has the majors shortest swing at 5.9 feet. He also has the slowest bat speed in the majors. Arraez is not trying to hit the ball out of the park, he’s focused almost entirely on making contact. Most of the hitters in this realm are pure contact hitters with modest power, and very few of them have even average bat speeds. Among the 50 shortest swings, only Langford, Colton Cowser, Bobby Witt Jr. and Elias Diaz have a bat speed of 73.0 mph or higher (Langford’s is 74.0).” P.S.  They have a list of players who generate bat speed with short swings.   Jordan Westburg is the only Oriole to make two separate lists.  Santander makes one.  
    • Bob Dino! Was at that game.  I'm not sure there's another player who had an otherwise unspectacular career as his is revered as some sort of cult hero for the Orioles.  Delmon and his double come close, but I think Delmon was a better player and had a better career. Maybe this is hindsight being 20/20 but I always felt Robert Andino got kind of a pass just for that game and that moment after that.
    • Wait, is this...positivity? I didn't think it was allowed on this board?
  • Popular Contributors