CatFowlering

JLee2027

I've made a request to add this to the offical Urban Dictionary:

Appearing to agree to terms with one party, by having your agent verbally approve the deal, telling future teammates you are coming, shipping equipment to your new employer, but actually secretly negotiating with whom you really want to work for in a different city. On the morning you are due to report for a physical, instead drive to a different location 1,000 miles away for a surprise press conference with the second party. Then claim at the press conference that was your first choice all along despite receiving less pay and lying to a lot of people to ""accomplish this"".

I once inadvertently did something similar by showing up for my first day of work at the wrong store. The people there were a bit confused, but just assumed that they had not been kept in the loop as usual. Meanwhile they were wondering where the heck I was at the store where I was suppose to work a shift. It was all very Larry David. Needless to say, I did not last very long (at either store).

I've made a request to add this to the offical Urban Dictionary:

Appearing to agree to terms with one party, by having your agent verbally approve the deal, telling future teammates you are coming, shipping equipment to your new employer, but actually secretly negotiating with whom you really want to work for in a different city. On the morning you are due to report for a physical, instead drive to a different location 1,000 miles away for a surprise press conference with the second party. Then claim at the press conference that was your first choice all along despite receiving less pay and lying to a lot of people to ""accomplish this"".

Well we don't know all that went on. Just let it go. No use crying over spilt milk. I will admit I am disappointed. But the FO will get someone.

IMO

Archived