Davis in RF

avdeuph

phtips_hzone_small.gif

I obsessed over Ted when I was a young ball player. Read every book I could find on or by him.

Cool chart, too. Seen that in places over the years. I suspect the top three rows would not be called strikes in today's game. Having download issues, so not able to read the text in the chart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude split the strike zone into a 27x27 grid and charted every at bat. Can you tell the difference between 27ths of a strike zone.

Nope I can't, and his ability to see the ball and how the pitcher was holding the ball before it left his hand, was better than anybody else to have played the game.

Early camp lend itself to:

Trumbo at 1B (doesn't track balls well in the OF)

Davis in RF (If it makes the team stronger)

Flaherty in LF (When he is not needed in the IF)

Walker at DH.

DH Pedro hits well against right handed pitching.

Reimold hits well against left handed pitching.

I don't see the O's signing Pedro while Walker is hitting well.

However there is a long, long way to go in camp.

Early camp lend itself to:

Trumbo at 1B (doesn't track balls well in the OF)

Davis in RF (If it makes the team stronger)

Flaherty in LF (When he is not needed in the IF)

Walker at DH.

DH Pedro hits well against right handed pitching.

Reimold hits well against left handed pitching.

I don't see the O's signing Pedro while Walker is hitting well.

However there is a long, long way to go in camp.

This is a joke right?

Trumbo and Nelson Cruz both came to the Orioles with a "Baggage" assessment as far as their defense. Trumbo like Cruz are passable in that the defensive deficiencies are made up on the Offensive side of the ball.

With the ability of the Orioles coaching staff to use defensive metrics tendencies in defensive alignments I have no problem with Mark Trumbo playing a corner outfield spot.

I think you're right. While it's hard to say Trumbo will hit as well as Cruz, I think we'll get excess value out of Trumbo and he"loves be a solid 28-33 HR guy at Camden Yards, surrounded by Manny and Davis and Jones and Wieters. He'll do us justice in RF and as Markakis was vastly over rated as a RFer, Trumbo is being under rated, He's a fabulous athlete, superb baseball player. He'll surprise everyone but Buck, who knows he's got a guy on the cusp of being just a damn fine everyday RFer on a Pennant winner. Alvarez is not being signed. We don't need anyone. I'm all in on this team. It's easy to be, they are the class of league

Archived