Davis in RF

avdeuph

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that if the Orioles don't make a trade or signing and the spring keeps progressing as it has (with Trumbo showing he doesn't belong in RF), that the Orioles won't have to move CD. CD will go to Buck and say "if the team is best if you put me in RF for now then let's do it." And that's why the Orioles resigned him.

At the end of the day, I want Buck to put the people where, he thinks the team has the best chance of winning.

If your starting 1st, can play RF, and putting your starting Catcher @ 1st and backup catcher behind the plate, then so be it and just because he does this for a few games, makes it, his "normal" lineup.

Davis is great defensively at 1B; he nearly won a Gold Glove there a few years ago. I don't like the idea of moving him just to improve RF, where you might have more defensive options to choose from.

Davis is ok defensively at first base. Trumbo is at least as good at first as Davis. And Davis best asset, his arm, is wasted at first. And I don't think CD cares where the orioles ask him to play. He has made his money, he would like to win.

Davis is ok defensively at first base. Trumbo is at least as good at first as Davis. And Davis best asset, his arm, is wasted at first. And I don't think CD cares where the orioles ask him to play. He has made his money, he would like to win.

Davis has outstanding range for a big dude, and can cover the ground to the seats, better than most guys. Of course, just my own eye test.

Murderers Row? Pedro Alvarez is great at baseball relative to the rest of the world, relative to his peers he is not. He hits home runs and provides little to no (even negative) value other wise.

I'm just lost on the preoccupation with the guy here. Not to mention it totally creates a defensive liability in RF. A run saved is as important as a run scored...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Pedro Alverez is a real good hitter.

No Manny is a real good hitter. Ted Williams was a real good hitter. Pedro is a good power hitter.

Manny is showing the potential to become a real good hitter. Ted Williams is one of the games greatest hitters of all time. Pedro is a real good power hitter.

Manny is showing the potential to become a real good hitter. Ted Williams is one of the games greatest hitters of all time. Pedro is a real good power hitter.
No Chris Davis is a real good power hitter. Pedro is just a good power hitter. He doesn't get on base. Compared to Pedro Manny is a real good hitter.

Archived