Davis in RF

avdeuph

You know what guys...

I say we just go ahead and play Davis in RF. He's a HELL of an athlete. He's got an arm, some legs, some speed, and good baseball instincts.

Let's put Trumbo on 1B, the only defensive position he can pass at playing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reports out of Sarasota coming in on Trumbo say that he is a pretty good athlete too. Right field at OPACY is small. Trumbo has an above average arm. As long as he learns to play the ball off of the scoreboard he'll be fine out there. Chris Davis is staying at first base.

The reports out of Sarasota coming in on Trumbo say that he is a pretty good athlete too. Right field at OPACY is small. Trumbo has an above average arm. As long as he learns to play the ball off of the scoreboard he'll be fine out there. Chris Davis is staying at first base.

I agree. Just put Trumbo in RF and tell him to play kinda deep. Shouldn't be a huge issue.

Right. They didnt pay CD 161 million to stick him in RF. IMO

Either way, Davis or Trumbo in RF and first base. Just go get Pedro Alvarez and we have a murderers row. That lineup would just be scary. Reimold DH's versus the Lefties. Rickard competes with Kim, and likely plays against the tough lefties. I like it, I like it a lot!

Either way, Davis or Trumbo in RF and first base. Just go get Pedro Alvarez and we have a murderers row. That lineup would just be scary. Reimold DH's versus the Lefties. Rickard competes with Kim, and likely plays against the tough lefties. I like it, I like it a lot!

I'd like to see how Rickard does in ST, but keeping Kim on his heels wouldn't be bad

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

This.

I've heard nothing but decent things about Trumbo in the outfield, and people act like he's horrendous for some reason.

Trumbo and Nelson Cruz both came to the Orioles with a "Baggage" assessment as far as their defense. Trumbo like Cruz are passable in that the defensive deficiencies are made up on the Offensive side of the ball.

With the ability of the Orioles coaching staff to use defensive metrics tendencies in defensive alignments I have no problem with Mark Trumbo playing a corner outfield spot.

Murderers Row? Pedro Alvarez is great at baseball relative to the rest of the world, relative to his peers he is not. He hits home runs and provides little to no (even negative) value other wise.

I'm just lost on the preoccupation with the guy here. Not to mention it totally creates a defensive liability in RF. A run saved is as important as a run scored...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Murderers Row? Pedro Alvarez is great at baseball relative to the rest of the world, relative to his peers he is not. He hits home runs and provides little to no (even negative) value other wise.

I'm just lost on the preoccupation with the guy here. Not to mention it totally creates a defensive liability in RF. A run saved is as important as a run scored...

You say it creates a defensive liability in RF... isn't RF basically a liability right now anyway? I don't think at the moment our corner spots are very set/sound. Hopefully Kim works out there, but let's be frank about it, even our LF option is no sure thing.

P Alvarez will be worth 20 + R with the bat and Trumbo will cost -3-8 R on defense.

Archived