The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

Just a little more overreaction....

Of the nine teams that finished with the worst spring training record from the years 2006-2014, NOT ONE team finished the regular season above .500. In fact, only three avoided 90 losses. Four finished in last place, including two that lost 105 or more games.

BUT....(and here is the good news), the Texas Rangers broke this 9 year string last year by having a 9-19 MLB worst record in spring 2015, but then finishing on top in the West with 88-74 record....so there is that.

I think the Rangers were still recovering from their historically bad injury-plagued season in 2014, in the Spring. They got healthier as the year progressed.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Rangers were still recovering from their historically bad injury-plagued season in 2014, in the Spring. They got healthier as the year progressed.

Right now the Cubs have the worst record in the Cactus League (1-5). Anybody want to predict that they will lose 90+ games?

Question-what happened with the Tim Linecum (spelling) showcase? Anyone sign him yet? Darkhorse I know, but I like the insurance.

Lincecum has repeatedly moved back his showcase so it hasn't happened yet but should soon, in Phoenix. Reportedly he's already getting a lot of interest from the Padres.

Say what you want about spring training not meaning crap, but I'll stick with LOSING ALL THE GAMES ain't the way it's supposed to be done.

0-162. It's almost inevitable at this point. This crap team will never win a game!

Archived