Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

Birds08

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sample size for both is to small, but I have confidence that both will do well. Rickard would be good if he is the OBP guy, and Mark Trumbo sucks in the field. Kim will be our starting LF, but I think it's way to early to quit on him.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Do you think DD has another OF up his sleeve? I would love to see a list of what is left on a mil deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think DD has another OF up his sleeve? I would love to see a list of what is left on a mil deal.

Me too. I think we try Trumbo in RF until he fails his way out of it. Rickard would make a good sub, but I think Kim is in LF. The reason I say keep giving Kim time is because Korean players don't figure out MLB hitting until about May to early June at the latest

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Flaherty said he spoke to Alvarez last night. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">March 8, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
We've seen this movie before, haven't we...?

Flaherty and Alvarez were roommates at Vanderbilt, so hopefully there was a better opportunity for Flaredog to ask for an honest answer to the "You're not catfishing us like Fowler are ya, Pedro?".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. I think we try Trumbo in RF until he fails his way out of it. Rickard would make a good sub, but I think Kim is in LF. The reason I say keep giving Kim time is because Korean players don't figure out MLB hitting until about May to early June at the latest

I hope I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time:) It would be nice to see him end his O for on the MASN game today.

Flaherty and Alvarez were roommates at Vanderbilt, so hopefully there was a better opportunity for Flaredog to ask for an honest answer to the "You're not catfishing us like Fowler are ya, Pedro?".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a good fit for Alvarez, at least. Very hitter-friendly park (a hitter-friendly division, really), lot of bats around him, so he should get pitches to hit... Great place to spend a year and try to play himself into a multi-year contract next offseason.

I still think this team would have looked better with Pearce in RF, Kim/Reimold platoon in LF, with Alvarez as the DH. You would save 4M, have better defense in RF, with Rickard as your 5th outfielder.

You many need that 4M later to bolster the starting pitching. Trumbo, in my estimation, is the most questionable acquisition of the offseason. If he plays an AVERAGE outfield, he'll be fine. I don't know if he's capable of that, though.

Archived