Masn tv question

Diehard_O's_Fan

I just got dish network today and I get the MASN. Do I need to add the MLB Extra Innings package in order to watch the Orioles games? I sure would appreciate your help.

Just make sure you get MASN 2 as well, as about half the games are on the deuce. I believe they usually come together, but worth checking with your provider.

I wish you guys were right but I am afraid that you are wrong. I wasnt able to watch the Nationals spring training game today. Dish network said it was blacked out in my area. I live in Iowa. Is this going to force me to buy the mlb extra innings package?

Who were the Nats playing?

I wish you guys were right' date=' but I am afraid that you are wrong. I wasn't able to watch the Nationals Spring Training game today. Dish network said it was blacked out in my area. I live in Iowa. Is this going to force me to buy the mlb extra innings package?[/quote']

Who were the Nationals playing?

The Twins.

I know that I was reading about MLB blackouts because of the Twins in Iowa. The Orioles are also playing the Twins for the first three games.

For Iowa residents:

Meet a Fan Who Can't Watch One-Third of All MLB Games

(By Michael Rand)

http://www.startribune.com/meet-a-fan-who-cant-watch-one-third-of-all-mlb-games/304301591/

I wish you guys were right but I am afraid that you are wrong. I wasnt able to watch the Nationals spring training game today. Dish network said it was blacked out in my area. I live in Iowa. Is this going to force me to buy the mlb extra innings package?

To answer your question, yes you will need MLB Extra Innings to watch out of market games. Even though you have MASN, all MLB games that are not in your market will be blacked out.

I still find it amazing that as I am not subject to black-outs, I can sit here in the UK and watch every single game without restriction.

So I feel very sorry for people who are in the US and are in these black-out 'hotspots'

It's one of the advantages to having to travel great distances to support your team.

If you're a t-mobile subscriber, they seem to have a promo for free mlb.tv for the entire season http://www.t-mobile.com/mlb.html. The sign up period is from April 3 - 10 but I haven't been able to get deep into the registration process. I would think that once you have your free mlb.tv subscription, you can then use your pc or smartv to connect and watch the feed. If you're in the MASN market, you will probably be blacked out. At least you can see other games.

Archived