Jones has harsh words for fans that booed Kim

FanSince88

I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's hypocritical to applaud Kim for exercising his rights and rip the fans for exercsising theirs? I think Kim should have gone to the minors. Would I have booed? No, but I can understand that some people feel Kim put his own interests before the team

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strong article here from Dan and strong words from Adam. AJ is right - there was no reason to boo the man. He's exercising a contractual right that the O's willingly agreed to. Booing here just indicates fans that are uninformed.

Well said.

No I just notice a pattern with Buck, that he sets players up to fail who rub him wrong, then play the Ryan Flahertys and Joey Rickards into the ground because they are 'finds'.
If you can't see the difference between Kim and Joey Baseball(Joe Angel's nickname) then I don' t know what to tell you. If Pedro sucks for a few weeks We could see Kim getting some AB at DH.

If you can't see the difference between Kim and Joey Baseball(Joe Angel's nickname) then I don' t know what to tell you. If Pedro sucks for a few weeks We could see Kim getting some AB at DH.

I doubt that. Pedro is a proven major league hitter. His problem in Pittsburgh was his fielding. Now at DH that is not an issue. Buck stays with his major leaguers for a long time.

Kim'a best chance to get enough playing time to show he can be decent is if someone gets hurt. Outside of that he will have to succeed on very few at bats. That is a situation of his making because he would not go to AAA where he could have played every day.

I wished Jones would have some, "some fans." Because although there were a smattering of boos, enough to be heard, there were far more cheers for him. I think the issue is a little overblown.

I said the same thing. I thought there was more cheers than boos but they could definitely be heard. People like to see the negative in things all the time but I am glad Adam called fans out.

The Orioles are 2-0, so I guess we need to invent some things to complain about.

Kim could be the next Ichiro or Arod? This is confusing on many levels, but mainly because those two guys are nothing alike.

"Kim could be the next Nolan Ryan" makes about as much sense as the OP.

You really can't understand why they're playing Joey Rickard right now? Hint: Maybe it's because he has a 1.214 OPS so far this year and because he had a 1.044 OPS this Spring. Kim had a .402 OPS this Spring.

I thought spring stats didn't matter? I love that Rickard is starting and doing so well, but the fact remains that with Kim, the situation is different. This is not the same as a guy being called up from the minors who speaks

english, has been seeing low to mid 90's heat on a regular basis, has had major league coaches teaching them and fine tuning their swings and approaches, have friends, family and a long time home in this country and

the list goes on.

Furthermore, I find it wrong to pay a guy $7M for two years to be the starting left fielder for us, then give up on him before spring training even ends and label him an inept failure while trying to get out of the contract

and railroading Kim's MLB career before it even started. All this was done after Kim went 8 for 19 and seemed to be starting to come around. How does anyone know that Kim wouldn't have racked up a couple doubles in

the time he missed at the end of ST? The guy hit the gaps a few times only to have them run down by outfielders and hit a few balls to the wall that were caught. Someone had posted in the Kim thread detailing what

he saw from Kim and didn't find his D or arm to be as bad as popular opinion would seem to indicate. The guy was not given a fair chance to be what he was brought here to be.

For better or worse, Kim needs an extended look. If he fails, we can release him and free up the extra spot or maybe at that point, Kim would agree to go to Norfolk. Who knows? Allowing the situation to remain stagnant

like this is doing no one any favors. Kim needs to play and prove himself one way or the other. It seems everyone on the team supports Kim except the manager. Maybe he will get some time this week or next, but I

fear Buck will just let him rot and then when we play him and he's rusty from sitting all that time, he'll use it against him. It's entirely possible that Alvarez will be outmatched by AL pitching, Trumbo's fate is still up in the

air IMO and Jones may go down with an injury sometime soon. There are lots of ways Kim could find his way into the lineup and when/if that time comes, I really hope Buck uses him.

The Orioles are 2-0, so I guess we need to invent some things to complain about.

Kim could be the next Ichiro or Arod? This is confusing on many levels, but mainly because those two guys are nothing alike.

"Kim could be the next Nolan Ryan" makes about as much sense as the OP.

The OP was saying Kim could be Korea's Ichiro or ARod, in the sense that he is among their very best players and thus deserving of respect. Not that he would be as good as either in the MLB.

Strong article here from Dan and strong words from Adam. AJ is right - there was no reason to boo the man. He's exercising a contractual right that the O's willingly agreed to. Booing here just indicates fans that are uninformed.

As a free agent, I expect strong work from Dan.

Archived