Kim's current predicament

isestrex

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you prove you are not ready to play at the major league level, you do not have a right to remain on the 25 man roster. I don't care what your contract says. He put himself above the team and deserves to be despised by a large number of Oriole fans for that. He could have negotiated a move to AAA that guaranteed him a certain amount of at bats to prove himself but he instead decided to handcuff the team. Yes, I'm upset that they signed him to that type of deal but that doesn't mean I can't also despise the player who put himself above the team. I hope he never gets a single at bat in MLB. I'm old school I guess. You don't ever put yourself above the best interest of the team. The best interest of the Orioles is to have the best 25 possible in Baltimore. He stood in the way of that and denied a spot in the show to a player that earned it. What about that aspect of this? How selfish is that? I hope he continues to suck and goes back to Korea with his tail between his legs.

:smile11:

Ok, we should take a different approach here. So, in reading this there is a sense frustration and we understand and get it. It is a genuine conundrum that the Orioles find themselves in with regard to Kim. If he is not good enough to contribute, there is reason to be concerned that perhaps he cannot play. It is hard to think that not playing will get him ready in any case. DD is a master at managing the 40 man roster and Kim is a challenge that will resolve itself in due time.

There are many things going on here that are important. Most important is to win, so the team needs the best it can possibly have. Again, Kim does not seem to provide that and he may never provide it. That question is open for debate. However, the Orioles made a commitment and for the time being, they do not have another option. Furthermore, Kim is not being selfish although that is merely my opinion. He has spoken of his desire to make Korea proud, his desire to make Oriole fans proud, and to make good on his end of a 7MM commitment. Sure you see this as putting himself above the team. But in fairness, Team is a complicated weave of individuals and that, as silly as it sounds extends to fans. In no way should that mean to imply that your actions or mine, can impede the Orioles in any way but Adam Jones addressed fans with your opinion after opening day boos. It is certainly your right to have the opinion. It is just easy to disagree with your take and personally think that someone who uses the word I as often as you did above does not understand what he is talking about in regards to this complicated situation, nor would that make you OLD SCHOOL. Lighten up Francis!:rolleyes:

When you prove you are not ready to play at the major league level, you do not have a right to remain on the 25 man roster. I don't care what your contract says. He put himself above the team and deserves to be despised by a large number of Oriole fans for that. He could have negotiated a move to AAA that guaranteed him a certain amount of at bats to prove himself but he instead decided to handcuff the team. Yes, I'm upset that they signed him to that type of deal but that doesn't mean I can't also despise the player who put himself above the team. I hope he never gets a single at bat in MLB. I'm old school I guess. You don't ever put yourself above the best interest of the team. The best interest of the Orioles is to have the best 25 possible in Baltimore. He stood in the way of that and denied a spot in the show to a player that earned it. What about that aspect of this? How selfish is that? I hope he continues to suck and goes back to Korea with his tail between his legs.

Could you spit any more venom? There was a breach of trust between Kim and the Orioles. Why do you continually ignore that and why should Kim trust the Orioles?

Parades has a useful tool, he can hit. What is Kim's useful tool? Hitting a breaking ball? (for the record, this is no easy feat because I sucked at it in high school ha ha).

Hit instead of who? He will serve no purpose on this team either... He would be buried on the bench.

So now, you the fan, are the one that determines this?

What I get to determine is how I personally feel about individual players and when a guy sucks in preseason and puts himself above the team because of one line in his contract, I get to decide I no longer want to cheer for him. I'd rather the guy that earned the spot get it so I hope he goes sooner rather than later so whoever the team feels deserves it can live out his dream.

:smile11:

Ok, we should take a different approach here. So, in reading this there is a sense frustration and we understand and get it. It is a genuine conundrum that the Orioles find themselves in with regard to Kim. If he is not good enough to contribute, there is reason to be concerned that perhaps he cannot play. It is hard to think that not playing will get him ready in any case. DD is a master at managing the 40 man roster and Kim is a challenge that will resolve itself in due time.

There are many things going on here that are important. Most important is to win, so the team needs the best it can possibly have. Again, Kim does not seem to provide that and he may never provide it. That question is open for debate. However, the Orioles made a commitment and for the time being, they do not have another option. Furthermore, Kim is not being selfish although that is merely my opinion. He has spoken of his desire to make Korea proud, his desire to make Oriole fans proud, and to make good on his end of a 7MM commitment. Sure you see this as putting himself above the team. But in fairness, Team is a complicated weave of individuals and that, as silly as it sounds extends to fans. In no way should that mean to imply that your actions or mine, can impede the Orioles in any way but Adam Jones addressed fans with your opinion after opening day boos. It is certainly your right to have the opinion. It is just easy to disagree with your take and personally think that someone who uses the word I as often as you did above does not understand what he is talking about in regards to this complicated situation, nor would that make you OLD SCHOOL. Lighten up Francis!:rolleyes:

I posted my thoughts, opinions, and feelings. What am I supposed to post? Your thoughts? Collective Oriole fans thoughts? I post what I think and I think he wasn't good enough to make it, put himself above the team, and selfishly took a spot away for someone that earned it. I don't cheer for guys like that. There's a place for guys like him to go and work to improve. I don't care what your contract says. If you sucked in spring training, carry your ass to AAA and improve. If you do, you will be in Baltimore before you know it.

Could you spit any more venom? There was a breach of trust between Kim and the Orioles. Why do you continually ignore that and why should Kim trust the Orioles?

I could care less about your supposed breach of trust. I cheer for the Orioles not individuals. I want what's best for the team and Kim decided he was above that. You don't get another chance with me when you do that.

I could care less about your supposed breach of trust. I cheer for the Orioles not individuals. I want what's best for the team and Kim decided he was above that. You don't get another chance with me when you do that.

I see. So, you believe people should be trusted even when they prove they shouldn't be? The Orioles wanted to send him to Norfolk where they implied he still wouldn't get a chance, wouldn't be able to play the field and

would share AB's with all the other DH's down there essentially burying him down there. You think he came all the way here to settle for that kind of treatment? If the Orioles wanted him to go down so bad, they would

have put some good faith incentive in his contract with a set date that if he wasn't called up by, he would have to be released. The Orioles didn't do that. I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing, either. I guess you

would trust someone like that with your career and put it all in the hands of someone you didn't trust at all, but don't expect others to especially after all that Kim put on the line to come here.

What I get to determine is how I personally feel about individual players and when a guy sucks in preseason and puts himself above the team because of one line in his contract, I get to decide I no longer want to cheer for him. I'd rather the guy that earned the spot get it so I hope he goes sooner rather than later so whoever the team feels deserves it can live out his dream.

Yes, you can decide whom you cheer for!

I draw the line at puts himself above the team.

This is a business, too, and sometimes business factors are taken into consideration.

I also fully believe if you was in Kim shoes, you would dig your heels in and do the same thing.

How do you know that Kim did not have other suitors trying to get him on their major league team? How do you know the Os are not treating him worse than most other organizations would have? You are making preposterous conclusions and judgements on a guy without knowledge of what he was promised by the Os relative to other organizations. Your expectations of any perceived loyalty that Kim should have for the Orioles is also misguided in my opinion.

Separately, I think the conclusions reached on Kim after a limited number of spring training at-bats have been hasty. The guy deserved more ST at-bats and he deserves them now IMO. Kim may not work out, but I don't believe he's been given a fair shake.

It's definitely a predicament, and the better Rickard and Reimold play the worse it looks for Kim. But if Kim hits in the chances he is given, there can still be ways to use him. With Rickard able to play any of the OF positions, Kim and Reimold can help rest any of Rickard, Jones, Trumbo, Alvarez, and Davis. That's enough flexibility that I think Buck can get everyone ABs if he wants to. Though it would probably require an injury for Kim to become an everyday player.

Archived