DD, Eating Crow

Bahama O's Fan

I would have signed Latos instead of Gallardo if that's the choice. Of course, you asked yesterday and I told you. Now you ask again. I think we have a .500 team at best. I would have spent about 50M less and I think I could have put together something similar and kept the #14 pick and gotten some extra picks.

We have a 1.000 team, at least until they play another game. :002_scool:

I didn't think we did enough to upgrade the pitching, either. But I'll save my complaints about it until the O's actually give up more than 2 runs in a game. :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am really curious if the reason we have not upgrade the starting pitching further is that Buck and/or Dan see something and Wright and Wilson that we don't.

I think they tried to upgrade the pitching, without overspending, because they also knew what they had, and wasn't as desperate as some in OH was.

There will be plenty of time for that. The 3 game mark isn't that time. Silly. Having said that, the pitching will dictate just about everything but the Rickard move could make up for some of the other moves. We'll see.

Dan knew all along that Rickard was the AL MVP (although Trumbo may finish ahead in the balloting) when he drafted him pursuant to Rule 5. Kim was just a diversion, paying a trap so Tampa would expose him in the draft.

Now that we are on pace for 162 wins, I think Dan is the leader for Executuve of the Year. I don't think he's eligible to be GMof the Year, since he's not the GM.

No, we will continue to see that Buck is the one who knows what he is doing.

I find it hilarious that DD could never have a losing season during his tenure with the Os and folks would still find a way to discredit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trumbo looks promising as well.

Also, who would have thought Pedro Alvarez would have 3 walks before a hit?

4 K's, sure.

I thought Trumbo was a good signing, as soon as the ink dried on the contact, or well, maybe as soon as he passed his physical. LOL

Pedro is another solid hitter, just best suited for DH, but these two bats alone, help solidify Davis and Company and makes a very strong lineup up and down the order. You don't need any 1 player to be hot and carry the team, multiple guys can do it.

Trumbo looks promising as well.

Also, who would have thought Pedro Alvarez would have 3 walks before a hit?

4 K's, sure.

Do you think our lineup now that it is really powerful will induce more walks naturally? Pitchers will try to be nibbling more and I think players walk totals have the potential to go up as a result. Win Win Win

Do you think our lineup now that it is really powerful will induce more walks naturally? Pitchers will try to be nibbling more and I think players walk totals have the potential to go up as a result. Win Win Win

Pitchers can nibble all they want, it still takes discpline by the batter and a good eye, to lay off those nibbles. :)

Archived