Pedro Martinez calls out O's fans on MLB tonight

LarryBigbie

Harold, Greg, and Pedro all have nice things to say about the O's hot start, and Pedro questions where the fans are, regardless of the cold weather. "Baltimore was a place where you always knew the fans would be." "It's not the weather, why are they not filling the seats?"

Question deserves to be asked I would say. It's cold in October too...what gives? Friday night, Archer the opposing arm...Thoughts/opinions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is weather related. The weather has been extra crappy this week, even for April. Doesn't help that we open up against the Twins and the Rays. I would expect a decent showing on Sunday.

I have no interest in going to a game this weekend and it is 100 percent weather related. I can't speak for everyone else.

Harold, Greg, and Pedro all have nice things to say about the O's hot start, and Pedro questions where the fans are, regardless of the cold weather. "Baltimore was a place where you always knew the fans would be." "It's not the weather, why are they not filling the seats?"

Question deserves to be asked I would say. It's cold in October too...what gives? Friday night, Archer the opposing arm...Thoughts/opinions?

the same place his hits are, he's following in Snyder's footsteps

OMG. This is so dumb. Of course it's the weather.

I can't believe there is snow in the forecast!!!! I wanted to catch a Bowie or Nats game tomorrow but no chance.

I already bought tix for Sunday. If I hadn't, I wouldn't go.

It isn't loyalty, it's called being miserable. I am not spending lots of money to be miserable and freeze.

Do these morons have girlfriend's, fiancee's or wives? If not, It's probably because they drug them to games where the temp was 45 degrees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not smart of him to make those comments before he's even recorded a hit for the team, BUT he's not wrong.

Pretty astonishing how low the attendance has been for these opening games. I know the weather is bad, but is it that bad? The Twins and Rays are obviously not draws but it's been pathetic.

Going by ESPN, they averaged 23,183 the first 3 games. I don't think tonight was much better than that, if at all. Pretty sad.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Guest JChav
"Baltimore was a place where you always knew the [RED SOX] fans would be."

Fixed Pedro's quote for him, maybe that'll make more sense to him :rolleyes:

Bad weather, tax season, brutal traffic on 495 just to even get on 95. Sorry, can't stand when people or former athletes call out the fans for not going out to games. Pedro has 145 million in career earnings. If I didn't have to work on business and personal tax and a ABC license etc and many other things related to work I would gladly be at the yard in a O's sweatshirt and jacket cheering on my favorite team.

If they're going to call out the O's make sure you call out the yankees and their season opener with many seats completely vacant.

I go to a lot of games (50+ on average since 2008). These first four games have been as cold of a four game set as I an recall. Tonight was really, really cold. The cold plus the wind is a real factor. It is definitely the weather.

A Rays weekend series wouldn't do great this time of the year regardless, but they would do 20,000+ per game if the weather was even semi-normal.

Yeah, I live 1100 feet from home plate but when April games in sub-50 degree weather are priced the same as mid-summer games, I am not inclined to go. Sorry. I will still end up going to 40+ games as I have the last four years.

I don't think you'll hear many of the players complaining about fans not attending some of these games. The weather is pretty brutal and the players know this cause they're the ones standing out in it.

When the weather gets better, we all know the yard is going to be jumping. No need to call out the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the current forecast, the rain is supposed to stop before game time tomorrow. Game time temperature will be in the mid wait for it.................30's. Should be interesting to see how the teams handle it out there. I guess this is somewhat normal for April in places like Boston and Minnesota.

Archived