Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defensively, I have noted that he gets very tentative whenever he is near a wall or fence, as though he once had a bad collision he doesn't care to repeat. He's a bit tentative on his routes, especially on balls hit over his head.

Last night was a case in point on that ball near the wall. You could just tell he didn't want any part of that wall.

Ideally he's not in the outfield. He's at first or the DH.

Well, the defensive alignment is never going to be ideal with the current roster, at least against RHP. However, with Trumbo/Davis/Alvarez at .889/.856/.755, I can live with the tradeoff.

Well, the defensive alignment is never going to be ideal with the current roster, at least against RHP. However, with Trumbo/Davis/Alvarez at .889/.856/.755, I can live with the tradeoff.

Of course, once Dan signed Alvarez Trumbo was an outfielder.

(vs. DODGERS, July 6th)

NUMBER 25

o

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

o

(vs. DODGERS, July 6th)

NUMBER 26

o

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

Trumbo has been remarkably consistent.

It's May 67th.

In July of 1985, the Dodgers were playing a nationally televised game. Pedro Guerrero (aka, "Pete") had had a scorching June that year. When referring to another great game that Guerrero had just had against the Cubs on July 26th, Vin Scully stated that "Lasorda just told Pete (Guerrero) that it was June 56th."

It's been a few weeks since I last visited this page so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but what are your thoughts on attempting to sign Trumbo to a long-term (three or so years?) after this season?

He and Davis would give the O's their own version of "The Bash Brothers" (in a smaller ballpark) for the next several years.

See Nelson Cruz.

Yes. Reason we didn't make playoffs last year despite some saying it was irrelevant. It was all the pitching...blah blah....Palmer today saying on the telecast the difference between last year and this is production from the OF. Indeed.

Trumbo is younger than Cruz. Resigning him makes sense. I do think his value will drop with struggles in the second half but we will see. I bet he likes his situation here.

Yes. Reason we didn't make playoffs last year despite some saying it was irrelevant. It was all the pitching...blah blah....Palmer today saying on the telecast the difference between last year and this is production from the OF. Indeed.

Trumbo is younger than Cruz. Resigning him makes sense. I do think his value will drop with struggles in the second half but we will see. I bet he likes his situation here.

He sure has been cold so far in July. His OPS is dangerously close to being under 1.000.

Archived