Can't Believe that We have Bought into this Hype

weams

RedOctober3829

SoSH Member

I can't believe people actually bought the hype of this team being able to contend this year. The rotation still sucks even with Price, the bullpen will be shot by May, and the offense can't score enough runs every night to cover up the pitching. Also no leadership and no ability to pitch through adversity. Once crap hits the fan, they give up huge innings almost every time. This is a below .500 baseball team.

"Hell is empty and all the devils are all here"

--Julian Edelman

#478RedOctober3829, Yesterday at 9:36 PM

Cruz, There's your 5 games.

It's the same everywhere when you don't win.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like I wouldn't want the Orioles' fan base judged on the opinions of one OH poster, I wouldn't judge the Red Sox fan base on one guy from SoSH, or even a group of them.

It's a long season and I wouldn't draw any conclusions about how good or bad the Red Sox will be off their 3-4 start. I'm just glad we've beaten them the first two times we've faced them this year, and I'm hoping we can make it three tonight.

It looks like EdRod is still a month away from returning to the Sox rotation.

I appreciate the comment about the lack of "leaders". Other than Poppi (a DH) and Dustin, the Sox don't really have "leaders". In the pitching, Price has never been a natural leader (he's great, just not known as THE leader)... and Clay seems to fight his own temper.

Give me the O's. There are leaders all over the place. Adam, Manny, JJ, Wieters... and look at how Crush has stepped up. He's a leader now.

Trumbo is being a leader, and I think Pedro will too. I even think Schoop, as young as he is, is being a leader.

O'Day leads. Our starting pitching is suspect, but they are bulldogs... and that counts.

The O's have leaders. THAT's the difference between these O's and some other teams.

Boston is 3-4. 3-4! If they win tonight they're at .500. And fans are freaking out because they've lost games two games in which their pitchers gave up a bunch of homers to the Orioles, who will probably lead baseball in homers this year. Not just SOSH posters - I live in the Boston area and the sentiment is widespread. You can tell from how much booing is going on at their home games as well.

Their team is very good. They have incredible hitting and what should be an excellent back-end of the pen. They're constructed in a very similar fashion to the Orioles in which their only real weakness is starting pitching, but they have David Price to start 1/5 of the games and generally more upside throughout the rest of their rotation.

SOSH reflects the national consensus: The Orioles can't be any good so to lose to them must mean Boston is terrible. This morning on MLB radio, I caught the trending: Are the Orioles trending up? No, the Red Sox are trending down.

The Red Sox are going to be very good this year. They are going to hit a LOT. If they can find some starting pitching (and there is talent there), they will be a tough competitor.

The teams getting too much credit in the east are the Jays and Rays IMO. The Jays are pretty good, but there is a hype with them that isn't deserved. I can see lots of areas where it could go very wrong. The Rays just aren't going to hit much and I don't think their pitching is nearly as stout as it used to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with all of this. I don't see what TB did in the offseason to improve on a below .500 team. I do think BOS has been overhyped.......AGAIN, but they should be more of a factor than the Rays.

Archived