Should Orioles Trade For Sonny Gray? (Astros should be talking To Oakland according to photog)

section18

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Norris got a bunch of wins when he was good. Not when he was one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball last year.

Gray is an ace. Make no mistake that he's worth a ton more than the Worleys of the world.

The question is how many more wins will he get than Gausman.

And how many less wins everyone gets with Flaherty at second instead of Schoop.

Norris got a bunch of wins when he was good. Not when he was one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball last year.

Gray is an ace. Make no mistake that he's worth a ton more than the Worleys of the world.

So how many extra wins would he add. Considering that Gausman is gone? You guess. Tell me.

No1 and 3 prospects to Detroit if I recall correctly. Bigger picture is they acquired a difference maker to secure division. Gray would be that man for us and I would gladly give up Schoop and Gausman, neither of whom have reached their potential and may never. With Gray, you get the bonifide ace you've lacked since Mussina.

I am glad you are not DD. Whew! Schoop is a beast. Schoop is going to be a perennial All Star. You don't trade Schoop. And if you did now, it would absolutely seal the deal about Manny never signing with us.

And we are not trading Gausman either. Isn't one Cy Young Award winner that we gave up on too soon enough??? It is for me. Until Gausman has reached his

absolute maximum here, I am not trading him. No, we must look for lesser additions if we are going to do anything. This is what all the dollars for bats in the offseason

means now in 2016.

I'm not into saber metrics. I'm into quality starts and how we can fix this rotation. If Gray conservatively is a 15 game winner and gives you 7 solid innings every fifth day, I would say he is worth a helluva lot more than 5 wins or however your "baseball math works." Posters rag on Bud Norris but we never replaced those 15 wins last year and guess how we finished.

You don't need to be. Math works for all of us. Ask your friends in Boston. They use math everyday to improve their lives.

But they would listen ,laugh a little and ask for what they want.

It's hard to come up with a package Baltimore could offer that wouldn't include Machado. Maybe Gausman/Schoop gets you started, but there's like no high upside low-minors guys to fill in to a larger package.

Archived