What is wrong with Gallardo?

LookitsPuck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, if Buck lifts him when he should (at the very least after he walks the lead off guy in the 7th) we may be talking about how Gallardo was still not really impressive but managed to limit the damage and turn in a decent start. If we could get 2 runs over 6 innings with some consistency, I take it every day of the week and run like a bandit.

The hand wringing about whether or not we should've signed him has been extensively hashed out before, with very few in favor. We've got him now, so use him right, get what we can out of that right shoulder, and let's win games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the only free agent starting pitchers of note left are:

- Chad Billingsley

- Mark Buehrle

- Aaron Harang

- Josh Johnson

- Cliff Lee

- Tim Lincecum

- Randy Wolf

- Jerome Williams

Billingsley might be worth a look. And of course I'll never completely be over my love affair with Cliff Lee. Although, at this point Buerhle may steal my heart if he decided to play and the Orioles were interested.

I agree. Chad Billingsley might be worth a look. Mark Buerhle still seems like a very good pitcher. I'm not sure why nobody has signed him yet. I would take everybody else on that list on a Minor League deal (except Randy Wolf).

He hasn't put himself on the market.

It looks like the only free agent starting pitchers of note left are:

- Chad Billingsley

- Mark Buehrle

- Aaron Harang

- Josh Johnson

- Cliff Lee

- Tim Lincecum

- Randy Wolf

- Jerome Williams

I think six of those guys are retired. Unless someone will give them a guarantee for half a year. Before the team releases them.

I would gladly give Buehrle a 1-year/$20 million contract. He'd be a huge boost for our rotation.

I just don't know what to say. He has not been throwing. If it were my team and money? That's the last place I'd spend 20 million.

I would gladly give Buehrle a 1-year/$20 million contract. He'd be a huge boost for our rotation.

I just don't know what to say. He has not been throwing. If it were my team and money? That's the last place I'd spend 20 million.

If it were my team and my money, I might lock Mark Buehrle, Tim Lincecum, and Cliff Lee in a room together, and whoever gets out of it would get $10 Million and a spot on the 25-man roster

That way, I would know who REALLY wants to pitch for the Orioles.

Of course there are 2 problems with that. One, they would have to agree to such circumstances. And the other would be that the winner might hurt his arm in the brawl ....... which would defeat the entire purpose of the project.

Archived