Chris Davis looks amazing

Diehard_O's_Fan

I don't know about you Orioles fans but I was very worried that Chris Davis was going to struggle due to the pressure of his new contract. Instead, Chris looks more relaxed than ever. His defense at first base has been gold glove worthy. His eye at the plate has been alot better. His hitting at the plate has been good. We are going to get several great years from him as long as he stays healthy. His contract could be an absolute steal. I am gaining more and more respect for the guy. It would be very easy for the guy to slack off right now due to his huge contract. He instead is trying to get better and he is doing exactly that.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the encouraging words. Now get ready for the backlash.

Chris Davis is batting .192. He is batting .192, and he has 5 HR and 11 RBI in 15 games with an OPS of .854. This is Adam Dunn-esque, except that Davis is playing gold glove defense at 1B.

Imagine when Davis is batting .250.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Now get ready for the backlash.

Chris Davis is batting .192. He is batting .192, and he has 5 HR and 11 RBI in 15 games with an OPS of .854. This is Adam Dunn-esque, except that Davis is playing gold glove defense at 1B.

Imagine when Davis is batting .250.

His average will pick up. He is hitting home runs and taking walks when he doesn't hit home runs. You can't satisfy people on here. All they want to do is point out every flaw every player has. I think they would bash babe ruth if he was on the team.

His average will pick up. He is hitting home runs and taking walks when he doesn't hit home runs. You can't satisfy people on here. All they want to do is point out every flaw every player has. I think they would bash babe ruth if he was on the team.

It's too early to worry. Players have flaws. No one is perfect. As for his contract

It's too much money and too many years. IMO

It's too early to worry. Players have flaws. No one is perfect. As for his contract

It's too much money and too many years. IMO

Davis and Machado are the type of players were deals like this will be good. They always want to improve and have no issue carrying teams for a month or more.

I don't think you can unequivocally say that his average will pick up. Remember, he hit .196 over the whole season in 2014. That included a month where he hit .175 with 6 home runs and 16 RBIs and a month where he hit .161 with 7 home runs and 17 RBIs. I expect his batting average to pick up as well, but the truth is that we just don't know. It just may be the guy he is from one season to the next. He was terribly inconsistent in Texas, hitting .192 one season and .266 the next. That's why he kept bouncing back and forth to and from the minors. That's not bashing him. It's just being realistic.

I don't know about you Orioles fans but I was very worried that Chris Davis was going to struggle due to the pressure of his new contract. Instead' date=' Chris looks more relaxed than ever. His defense at first base has been gold glove worthy. His eye at the plate has been alot better. His hitting at the plate has been good. We are going to get several great years from him as long as he stays healthy. His contract could be an absolute steal. I am gaining more and more respect for the guy. It would be very easy for the guy to slack off right now due to his huge contract. He instead is trying to get better and he is doing exactly that.[/quote']

In addition to all of the skills that he already had in the first place, he has been going to The Nolan Reimold School of Patience at the Plate over the last 2 years. ;)

.192 average is pretty terrible. Babe Ruth was a career .342 hitter. Not many guys have multiple sub .200 batting average seasons.

Who cares what his batting average is? He's making fewer outs than 80% of the guys in the league.

That said, his BABIP is .192. His BABIP in his bad 2014 season was .242. Even if 2014 is his true skillset, his average will come up to the .220-.230 range just by virtue of his improved plate discipline and better luck.

Who cares what his batting average is? He's making fewer outs than 80% of the guys in the league.

That said, his BABIP is .192. His BABIP in his bad 2014 season was .242. Even if 2014 is his true skillset, his average will come up to the .220-.230 range just by virtue of his improved plate discipline and better luck.

I care about him hitting .192. Right now that is only helping the team because Trumbo is on a hot streak. If Trumbo goes cold the .192 average is going to hurt the team.

Archived