Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No reason not to. I remember most people were down on Aoki. KC had stopped playing him and his defense had declined. But sure lets play hindsight 20/20 if it lets us bash the GM.

I agree, as implied. Hindsight is almost all of what most fans have--I'll continue to use it as long as I'm honest about correcting myself as well. Except that a lot of fans' foresight about Kim seems to agree with Duquette's original optimistic call, fortunately. The Giants' FO does seem to have much better foresight than most.

He's got a surprisingly fast bat - that was a 97 MPH fastball from Betonces he hit. And he can spoil any type of breaking pitch. When he doesn't use defensive swings, he hits the ball hard. Now, if he can just avoid those weak popups to infielders... I don't see why he can't hit .350 the rest of the way. He might become the toughest guy to SO in the league (Hopefully I didn't jinx him.).

No reason not to. I remember most people were down on Aoki. KC had stopped playing him and his defense had declined. But sure lets play hindsight 20/20 if it lets us bash the GM.

Snider was not a good bet. Nor was Lough. Young is a terrible OF. De Aza was dropped very early (like Gonzo) and went on to hit. Parmelee was a disaster save for a couple games. Every one of those moves blew up. At some point you say he had a terrible offseason instead of saying "Meh, he tried. They were all good moves on paper" No. They were crap moves the offseason after we won the AL East. He was too caught up with the Blue Jays and punted the offseason. That's all there is to it.

Snider was not a good bet. Nor was Lough. Young is a terrible OF. De Aza was dropped very early (like Gonzo) and went on to hit. Parmelee was a disaster save for a couple games. Every one of those moves blew up. At some point you say he had a terrible offseason instead of saying "Meh, he tried. They were all good moves on paper" No. They were crap moves the offseason after we won the AL East. He was too caught up with the Blue Jays and punted the offseason. That's all there is to it.

I disagree about Lough, he was fine in 2014 and there was no reason to think he put up a 50 OPS+ at 29.

What were the better moves? Were you big on Aoki? Marlon Byrd? Rasmus? I think OF that FA year was pretty much a crapshoot. What name leaps out at you from this list? http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015-mlb-free-agent-tracker

Archived