PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I have to say, we get on Peter about staying away from international markets, but how many times have we heard "my licensed doctor in the Domincan gave it to me"? Either Cano is a cheater or he is extremely stupid for trusting his career to shady people. Either way he deserves the suspension.

I could never play MLB because I take hydrochlorothiazide ,and have taken florosemide, for blood pressure issues. Makes you pee every half hour for 4 hours.

Edited by El Gordo

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd take Cano, shady Dominican doctors and an 80 game suspension all day every day over the Orioles ass backwards approach to stocking a farm system.  

Speaking strictly for myself here, I long ago stopped looking at athletes as a moral compass and examples of making right decisions and staying in the lines.  I assume that most of them are cheaters, knowingly or unknowingly.  As a result, I have little to no expectations from them and it doesn't phase me one bit when this stuff happens.   

True. Davis would be on my list of guys who should be cheating but probably aren't.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Hypothetically speaking,  if Peter Angelos were to accidentally drop a banned substance into CD's gatorade, or replace his Axe Body Spray with deer antler spray, he would stand to save some money as a result of the suspension. Maybe that's how we get out from under his albatross contract. :rolleyes:

The Mariners will save ~$12M from Cano's suspension.

23 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's banned because it's typically used to mask performance enhancing drugs. 

According to MLBTR: 

More importantly, as ESPN.com’s T.J. Quinn rightly points out on Twitter, though, the JDA does not treat diuretics and masking agents in the same manner it does PEDs themselves.

Unlike in the case of tests that reveal PEDs themselves, intent is required to support the application of the standard 80-game ban for first-time offenders in the cases of diuretics or masking agents. Here’s the language from the JDA, Section 3(F):

“The presence of a Diuretic or Masking Agent in a Player’s urine specimen shall result in the Player being re-tested. The presence of a Diuretic or Masking Agent in a Player’s urine specimen shall be treated as a positive test result if the [Independent Program Administrator] determines that the Player intended to avoid detection of his use of another Prohibited Substance.”

41 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Davis needs to do it.  Sheesh.  

I don't think any fan thinks Bonds, Clemens, Raffy were isolated incidents.  Certainly Bonds and Clemens probably gained the most from doing it but I don't think anyone thinks it was isolated.

Oh, that’s not true. Many honestly believe there are cheaters or “bad guys” and everyone else. No gray, only black and white.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, the title to this thread is misleading AF.  I thought there was some fallout with a Davis announcement to quickly follow.  C'mon @Rene88 I know you want people to check out your thread but there's no reason to think Davis is using.  (quite the contrary, actually).

My apologies.