Wow! I hope that's the season's low point

Bahama O's Fan

Yeah. I haven't wanted to rain on anyone's parade with the fast start and I'm sure I would have been attacked by stating that I still think this is a sub .500 team. We have 3 pitchers in the rotation who have never pitched a full season. Some or all will probably have a tough time in the second half if they survive the first half. In the wings, we have the possible return of Gallardo who could be worse than any of the current 5. Ubaldo is a time bomb as well.

The offense will have games where they hit 5 homers and score 15 but they'll have a lot more games like this recent stretch where they struggle to score without the home run. We need someone to play robin to Machado's batman like Cruz did with Davis back in 2014. Right now it's Trumbo but that won't last. Will Davis be a force again? He better.

meh, I gotta say, I just don't see sub .500 if you compare this team to last year's team. I know it's always difficult to do comparisons, but you need to make the case for me that somehow this team is equal or worse to the 2015 version.

Certainly Wilson's been better than Bud Norris, Tillman has been better than 2015 Tillman, Ubaldo is the same, Wright is probably a shade worse than Gonzalez was early on and Gausman looks great...I just don't see how this team is worse than last year's. Was Wei Yin Chen that good?

As for your comment about "Robin", it's hard to disprove your hypothetical b/c you dismiss the possibility that either Davis or Trumbo is capable of being Robin and then ask, which of the other 6 lineup spots could do it? Difficult logic to argue against when you say the teams #4 and #5 hitters can't do it.

If that is the season's low-point, then this is going to be a phenomenal season.

....... The Baltimore Orioles came crashing down hard with a devastating loss to the Yankees, evening the series at 1 game apiece, and ending the Yankees' 6-game losing streak.

But that was rock bottom for Birds in the 2016 season. 15-11 was rock bottom ........

Man. That would be one hell of a narrative to look back on in October.

The Orioles bounced back with a win tonight.

Now that the season's low-point is behind us, we can relax and enjoy the rest of the 2016 season.

Almost any struggling pitcher finds SOMETHING when they pitch against us. And NO, we will NOT beat Tanaka, either.

I've lost count of how many times you've said the same thing about (fill in the blank elite pitcher), and we turned around and did it.

The Orioles beat the Yankees.

Tanaka got a no-decsion.

It's up to you as to whether or not you want to add that to the number of times that ......... oh, that's right. You lost count.

If that is the season's low point then this is going to be a phenomenal season.

I'm with you right here.

One thing to note... In most of the games in which we have low run totals, we leave a lot of guys on base. I prefer this to being completely shut down. Yes, LOB is frustrating, but statistically, if we keep putting men on base in bunches, we WILL score runs.

The Orioles beat the Yankees.

Tanaka got a no-decsion.

It's up to you as to whether or not you want to add that to the number of times that ......... oh, that's right. You lost count.

"Orioles can't hang with a real team like the Detroit Tigers."

- I forget who, in early 2014

• 1 month later...

If that is the season's low-point, then this is going to be a phenomenal season.

....... The Baltimore Orioles came crashing down hard with a devastating loss to the Yankees, evening the series at 1 game apiece, and ending the Yankees' 6-game losing streak.

But that was rock bottom for Birds in the 2016 season. 15-11 was rock bottom ........

Man. That would be one hell of a narrative to look back on in October.

The Orioles are 20-12 since this thread was started.

Archived