April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you suppose there's anybody here who could get into an argument with DT about baseball-things and win the argument? (I don't.)

Well put, and I couldn't agree more.

Hell, I wouldn't want to argue with him. He'd likely take me to the back room and beat my ass.

You're missing my point. We're leading in the game. We needed 9 more outs w/o giving up 2 or more runs. More runs would have been nice, but they weren't necessary to win at that point. You don't get extra points for winning 4-0 instead of 2-0.

BTW, my original post made it seem that I would have played it the same way. I'm not sure what I would have done, but I can see what he was thinking. I was just trying to explain what I thought was going through his head.

I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying being up 4 with 9 outs to go gives you a bigger margin of error, so that you could afford slightly worse defense. It's all a big cost-benefit analysis, and my guess is that PHing was the way to go. There's certainly an argument to make either way, but ideally there's a "more likely to lead to a win" approach.

In his 3 starts Burres has thrown 81, 86, and 88 pitches. He had 90 going into the 8th, I definitely bring him back out so there's no point to this post, but I already did the research so you all have to read it.

With his 95th pitch he gets the first out in the 8th inning.

In his 3 starts Burres has thrown 81, 86, and 88 pitches. He had 90 going into the 8th, I definitely bring him back out so there's no point to this post, but I already did the research so you all have to read it.

Thanks for that. :)

Burres through eight scoreless.

Do you let him go for the complete game? Or do we call the Sheriff?

Archived