April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scott's batting .167 against lefties (2-12). Luis is 0-4 against lefties though. Still I didn't view it as glaringly obvious that he should have PH. It is a doubleheader as it is. Burres is pitching very well.

Career:

Scott vs. LHP: 151 PAs, .770 OPS

Hernandez vs. LHP: 29 PAs, .702 OPS

I also think that Managers are constrained by the idea that you don't pitch hit a Catcher. They have a constant fear that a catcher will get hurt so you don't pinch hit your backup catcher. Not saying I agree, but that is probably what he was thinking.

Hernandez has pinch hit 3-4 times I believe. He was even used as a pinch hitter once and then removed from the game because he didnt have a defensive position.

Walk Quiroz to load the bases to get to Luis. Then bring in a LOOGY to block the O's from PH'ing Luke. Makes sense to me. Damn.

Scott in '07 had an .850 OPS against lefties, this year he has a .770 OPS vs. lefties.

Hernandez had a .695 OPS against lefties last year, AT BOWIE!

Terrible decision IMO.

Scott in '07 had an .850 OPS against lefties, this year he has a .770 OPS vs. lefties.

Terrible decision IMO.

It shows you how much Trembley values defense over offense...

Terrible decision IMO.

I don't love it, either. But it is what it is. Hopefully not game-changing. I'm sure there was a deeper reason. But...if the O's lose, you can be sure that DT will be asked about it in the presser.

Trembley apparently thinks Luis Hernandez's defense is better than Brandon Fahey's and Torres' and because it's a close game he wants to leave Hernandez in...

I know you're not necessarily espousing that view yourself, but I would have to think the expected runs you gain by PHing there is greater than the expected runs you save with slightly better defense for the next three innings.

Archived