April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is absolutely ridiculous that our bench is constructed in such a way that Luis is batting in this situation. That said, he should have Scott or Ramon hitting. Not sure what Trembley is thinking, assuming he is thinking at all.

Walk Quiroz to load the bases to get to Luis. Then bring in a LOOGY to block the O's from PH'ing Luke. Makes sense to me. Damn.

I don't see how that "blocks" the O's from PHing Luke. He can hit lefties decently enough. Plus, Trembley could've used Ramon Hernandez instead.

Trembley has been pretty good this year about pinch-hitting in the right situations, but that was a complete gaffe. You've got two viable bats on the bench and two guys to bring in to play shortstop. I don't understand it.

Man...these announcers are awful. I really wish i could mute them and just here the game. i wish mlb.tv would change this.

Isn't the color guy Steve Stone?

He said that he and Earl didn't get along... until it dawned on him that Earl didn't care about anything except winning ballgames... he didn't care what was fair, or who deserved what, or anything else... just winning the ballgame, that's it. He said that, once he figured that out, he and Earl got along just fine.

I don't see how that "blocks" the O's from PHing Luke. He can hit lefties decently enough. Plus, Trembley could've used Ramon Hernandez instead.

Trembley has been pretty good this year about pinch-hitting in the right situations, but that was a complete gaffe. You've got two viable bats on the bench and two guys to bring in to play shortstop. I don't understand it.

Scott's batting .167 against lefties (2-12). Luis is 0-4 against lefties though. Still I didn't view it as glaringly obvious that he should have PH. It is a doubleheader as it is. Burres is pitching very well.

Trembley apparently thinks Luis Hernandez's defense is better than Brandon Fahey's and Torres' and because it's a close game he wants to leave Hernandez in...

Archived