vs. ANGELS, 5/21

scOtt

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenver I see this I always think of Jim Valavano and his speech. I always ALWAYS get teary eyed

I've seen the 30 for 30 program on him and the '83 Wolfpack and I always tear up. I was a Jr. at NC State then. A great year to be a State and O's fan. I was doubly thrilled Tim Stoddard (forward from the '74 NCAA Champs) got to pitch for the Orioles

112555-004-4A43218B.jpg

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."

Well, I know as O's fans we are always looking for the wheels to fall off the wagon. But the fates smiled upon the O's faithful in this one.

As for the low strike calls. Does it have to cross both knees or just one? Because it looked like the last strike on Escobar did that. Not sure about the one to Trout though. Alvarez and Davis had some low strikes called on them earlier in the game also. But not in as big of a situation.

Well, I know as O's fans we are always looking for the wheels to fall off the wagon. But the fates smiled upon the O's faithful in this one.

As for the low strike calls. Does it have to cross both knees or just one? Because it looked like the last strike on Escobar did that. Not sure about the one to Trout though. Alvarez and Davis had some low strikes called on them earlier in the game also. But not in as big of a situation.

I have always understood it as if the ball passes any part of the strike zone during its path over the plate it's a strike.

Yet another game where the O's looked befuddled. By a starter that throws a combination of over 50% breaking balls and change-ups. I really hope other teams don't catch on to the fact that the O's are a team of Pedro Cerrano's.

I don't think a significant percentage of pitchers can throw that many offspeed pitches without hanging some.

I wouldn't want to hang one against this lineup.

I don't think a significant percentage of pitchers can throw that many offspeed pitches without hanging some.

I wouldn't want to hang one against this lineup.

Shoemaker did get away with a few hangers last night. It seemed like most of them were pulled foul. Kudos to him though, he saw that the O's were hitting off the fastball. To which he had a good game plan and stuck to it.

Archived