Fire Sale

weams

I don't want DD to do a damn thing anymore other than man the waiver wire. I have lost all trust in his FA signings and trades, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prepare to be disappointed. The past offseason wasn't about manning the waiver wire at this stage. I think too many people underestimate DD's ability to imagine different outcomes and the money spent wasn't about simply maintaining some kind of budget parity. If it takes further depleting the minors and spending more to improve the O's chances for making the post season, I don't see anything keeping him from doing precisely that.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reyes and Walker aren't in the same stratosphere. Cashner is a minor upgrade over Wright. San Diego might trade Cashner straight up for Wright. Probably a slight win for the Orioles now and a loser in the long run. You would include Reyes in a deal for Cashner? You care about the future less than Dan Duquette does.

So you wouldn't be okay with trading Mancini or Sisco for Cashner? Why the love for those two?

Cause Mancini and Sisco can mash bro

Reyes and Walker aren't in the same stratosphere. Cashner is a minor upgrade over Wright. San Diego might trade Cashner straight up for Wright. Probably a slight win for the Orioles now and a loser in the long run. You would include Reyes in a deal for Cashner? You care about the future less than Dan Duquette does.

So you wouldn't be okay with trading Mancini or Sisco for Cashner? Why the love for those two?

Just not a lot of interest in trading a 6-year asset for a 3-month asset that is mediocre to begin with. Been there, done that.

Cashner is a mediocre pitcher in his walk year. He shouldn't cost much. He's also better than Wright. I would grab him for a low-level prospect. The Padres aren't getting a comp pick for him so it would pretty much just be a straight salary dump of his $7.15 million salary.

Cashner is a mediocre pitcher in his walk year. He shouldn't cost much. He's also better than Wright. I would grab him for a low-level prospect. The Padres aren't getting a comp pick for him so it would pretty much just be a straight salary dump of his $7.15 million salary.

That's a lot of money to be taking on for his current production, especially at this stage. Though I do see a potential advantage in acquiring someone now instead of having to "outbid" other teams in July. Maybe exchange a future bullpen arm?

I don't want DD to do a damn thing anymore other than man the waiver wire. I have lost all trust in his FA signings and trades, period.

Yeah Trumbo and Cruz were awful signings. Both years he got about 20 million so 40 million total for what 12 0r 13?

Yeah Trumbo and Cruz were awful signings. Both years he got about 20 million so 40 million total for what 12 0r 13?

And his starting pitching decisions?

Then he let Cruz walk with no good plan and cost us a playoff berth then traded away Davies to try to make up for it.

Archived