Do you watch the whole game when the O's weeknight games on the West Coast?

Frobby

What do you do when the O's play weeknight games on the West Coast?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when the O's play weeknight games on the West Coast?

• I don't even start watching
    • I watch the early part, then turn it off go to sleep
    • I watch the whole thing, damn the consequences the next day
    • I start watching and doze through the late innings
    • Not my problem, I live on the West Coast!

I hate it when the O's play on the West Coast, because I get up for work at 6 a.m. and it's tough the next day if I stay up past 1 a.m. watching the games. Often I will start watching at 10 p.m., plan on turning it off around 11, and then think "just one more half-inning" continuously until the game ends. Other times I actually do turn it off, but usually only if the O's are losing or have a very big lead. In any event, it's a constant struggle and I hate these West Coast trips for that reason.

What do other East Coasters do when the O's go West?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm luckily on vacation this week. Worked out well.

But are you somewhere where the O's games are on TV? I was in South Carolina during the last West Coast swing and could only follow on GameDay.

I hate it when the O's play on the West Coast, because I get up for work at 6 a.m. and it's tough the next day if I stay up past 1 a.m. watching the games. Often I will start watching at 10 p.m., plan on turning it off around 11, and then think "just one more half-inning" continuously until the game ends. Other times I actually do turn it off, but usually only if the O's are losing or have a very big lead. In any event, it's a constant struggle and I hate these West Coast trips for that reason.

What do other East Coasters do when the O's go West?

I can't fit in the poll I have too many variables LOL

My dogs roll me out at 5:30am all summer SOO

Well if we're actually engaged in the game I usually watch the whole dang thing. If we're down 4-5 runs after the 5th/6th inning I usually bag it and live with the consequences, and pick up what I missed on MLB network the next morning, or I can re-watch it on my MLB TV subscription.

I usually go to bed around midnight, so it is not a huge stretch to stay up a little later. I usually tell myself that I am going to watch a handful of innings and then doze off eventually, but that almost never happens. I usually end up getting into the game and just falling asleep at some point afterward.

A good example is that Mariners 18-inning game a few years ago. "I'll go to bed after this inning...OK, I'll go to bed after this inning." I ended up getting a quick nap in after the game and before I had to go to work. Haha.

Archived