Schmuck from the Sun says trade Trumbo

Going Underground

There is absolutely no rush to trade Machado. We are in first place now, we can use him to make the playoffs. He still has two years of team control. We should give this serious consideration next year but more likely 2018. Even then Manny will get a tremendous haul. Who knows, maybe he will sign an extension between now and then.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they can win without Machado. They've done it during all of his absences. Sure, he's great to have in the lineup and on the field, but his loss alone would not crush this team in my opinion and the return would be excellent, I believe.

I know you just miss watching Flaherty play every day.

Pedro is more likely to start at third than Davis.

I think we could get two starters, a shut down reliever and an average 3b for Machado. Throw in a couple of prospects. If I was DD, I would be considering it. The devil is in the details but Manny might be the one piece that we could trade that would put us over the edge this year and set us up for the future.

T

I think we could get two starters, a shut down reliever and an average 3b for Machado. Throw in a couple of prospects. If I was DD, I would be considering it. The devil is in the details but Manny might be the one piece that we could trade that would put us over the edge this year and set us up for the future.

T

How would we replace Manny's production right now? What two starter prospects are capable of pitching in the big leagues to produce at a 4 WAR pace each?

How would we replace Manny's production right now? What two starter prospects are capable of pitching in the big leagues to produce at a 4 WAR pace each?

If you pay me what Dan is getting, I'll figure it out. My point is that we need starting pitching. We have no means to achieve starting pitching other than trading from our strength which is offense. Manny is going to demand 350-400 million in a few years. So, trading him might be worth it right now. We not only get a boatload back, we eliminate the uncertainty and financial burden of resigning him. I'm not advocating trading him for prospects, I'm saying if we could get a boatload of talent back, we should consider it. I'm thinking a #2 and #4 starter, a shut down reliever, an average major league 3b and a couple of prospects. Can we get that? I have no idea. But, there are serious doubts about our ability to resign him. If so, why wait for the offseason?

If you pay me what Dan is getting, I'll figure it out. My point is that we need starting pitching. We have no means to achieve starting pitching other than trading from our strength which is offense. Manny is going to demand 350-400 million in a few years. So, trading him might be worth it right now. We not only get a boatload back, we eliminate the uncertainty and financial burden of resigning him. I'm not advocating trading him for prospects, I'm saying if we could get a boatload of talent back, we should consider it. I'm thinking a #2 and #4 starter, a shut down reliever, an average major league 3b and a couple of prospects. Can we get that? I have no idea. But, there are serious doubts about our ability to resign him. If so, why wait for the offseason?

What team has enough pitching to send us a #2 and #4 type of starter plus a shut-down reliever?

As much as I love Manny on this team, I could get behind a deal like this. I just can't see another team offering that in the heat of a pennant race.

3B is only a strength if we can replace Manny. But we can't, so we would just be treading water, at best, at least in the short term. Why not wait until July 2018 and get the same return?

I wouldn't want to weaken the O too much. Machado should get us what we need for this year and position us for the future.

You and I have different opinions of what "weakening the O's too much" means if losing Manny doesn't qualify. There's no other player you could lose that would weaken the team more.

Is there? If you want to trade Manny because you don't want to "weaken the O's too much", who is it that we could trade that would weaken the team more?

So we're tired of trading average prospects for average starting pitchers. Oh I have the solution, let's trade Manny. SMH. This thread went to :angryfire:

Have a little losing streak and the blow-it-up crowd comes out in full force.

A team willing to trade for two months of Trumbo is likely also not going to be willing to trade a piece of its rotation considering they like us will by trying to make the postseason.

Mancini is going to be the player traded at the deadline. Hopefully its for a starter who can help us beyond just this season because that is a lot cost controlled years to give up for just two months of production.

Archived