Schmuck from the Sun says trade Trumbo

Going Underground

If we are going to trade Manny for three players including two good pitchers and an average third baseman, how are we going to pay them? That seems like a big bump in salary. Are we hoping to get young, proven cost controlled players? The pie-in-the-sky Yankee trade has us picking up nearly $50m in annual salary. Even for half a season that's a chunk of change, and for several of them it would be that much or more for the remaining years on the contract. If we can afford that, we can afford to resign Manny.

That trade didn't even include a third baseman, so, we'd have to deal with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do the A's accomplish by hanging on to two and a half months of a 36-year-old starter whose shoulder is held together with binder clips and gaffer tape, when they're 12 under .500 in July?

Nothing at all, but I'd expect they want prospects in return, not Hyun Soo Kim.

Nothing at all, but I'd expect they want prospects in return, not Hyun Soo Kim.

Why would you want a prospect when you have a guy who has proven he can put up a .400+ OBP against MLB pitching for $3M next year? If they are still out of it next year, they could flip him for prospects later. Again, much better fit than Trumbo.

The rule is that if something isn't prohibited by the laws of physics someone will eventually propose it.

I propose we trade Manny Machado to another universe for the anti-matter Manny Machado.

I hear the ball really flies off his bat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why would you want a prospect when you have a guy who has proven he can put up a .400+ OBP against MLB pitching for $3M next year? If they are still out of it next year, they could flip him for prospects later. Again, much better fit than Trumbo.

Clearly a better fit than Trumbo, but I don't think the A's would want either of them.

Besides, the real answer is that someone needing Trumbo would not give up good pitching. He is a half year bat. For someone still in the race. They are not selling real pitchers. So. Schmuck.

A Trumbo trade would have to be a 3 team trade. Astros, Pirates, Mets strike me as teams that could send prospects to another team for a their starter. Trumbo/ Hellickson/ Astros prospects trade?

I agree that Trumbo is our most tradeable commodity right now from our current team, but as a half year rental, the Orioles will be lucky to get starting pitcher that could make a difference for him unless they were a half year rental as well.

I agree that Trumbo is our most tradeable commodity right now from our current team, but as a half year rental, the Orioles will be lucky to get starting pitcher that could make a difference for him unless they were a half year rental as well.

I would do this in a heartbeat, assuming the pitcher was of comparable quality. The problem is, not many contenders that need trumbo have surplus #3 starters.

I propose we trade Manny Machado to another universe for the anti-matter Manny Machado.

I hear the ball really flies off his bat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The ball flies through the anti-matter Manny's bat.

Archived