Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shoemaker is going to be expensive since he still has 4 years of control after this year.

I want no part of Hellickson. I have a feeling that he'll be the pitcher version of Parra.

Shoemaker sucks! Control years or not. He is a fly ball pitcher which is not what DD looks for. So you can give it up!

He's not declining. He had a poor 2015, an excellent 2014 and a solid 2015 that only looks mediocre due to a poor April. He's under control for a few more years, also.

Fly ball pitcher ... nothing to see here ... keep it moving .. Next option please .. Shoemaker will never happen .. Plus he sucks!

Shoemaker sucks! Control years or not. He is a fly ball pitcher which is not what DD looks for. So you can give it up!

Bud Norris was a fly ball pitcher. Chen was a fly ball pitcher. I don't think Duquette really looks for any particular type of pitcher, honestly.

Bud Norris was a fly ball pitcher. Chen was a fly ball pitcher. I don't think Duquette really looks for any particular type of pitcher, honestly.

If you watch the draft closely. DD purposely drafted ground ball dominate pitchers in the first three picks. That was on purpose.

On this club he is a #3. And it wouldn't shock me if he ends up with better overall numbers than Gausman.

Since facing the O's for the first time this year in mid May: 2.67 ERA .249/.279/.385 - .664 OPS, 10 SO/9, 1.084 WHIP, 1.2 BB/9

I mean, those are #1 numbers on this club during that period.

I have no problem with Shoemaker this year as well as Hellickson, or Santana. I just don't want to be stuck with him for the next 4 years. There are other more interesting choices in next year FA than him for a #5 SP.

Archived