TORONTO BLUE JAYS o)llllllllOOOOOOo..... 77-62 OO)).lllllll 1.0

BALTIMORE ORIOLES,)OOOOOOOOOOoo.lll 76-63 OOOlllll... 2.0

NEW YORK YANKEES )OOOOOOOOOOOo.ll))) 74-65 OO...)llllll 4.0

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS ..)lllll)))oooOO 59-80 OOOOlllllll 19

o

O said:

The Best Division in Baseball.

o

The A.L. East is perennially the toughest (or one of the toughest) division in baseball, and I'm glad that the Orioles are in it.

When legendary long-distance runner Bob Kennedy was in his prime back in the mid-to-late 90's, there was some talk about the possibility of trying to limit the number of Kenyans entered in International marathons and/or International track and field meets that were held within the United States to try to give the (at that time) very ailing American distance runners a better chance of winning and/or finishing in the Top 5 of said races.

When asked about it, Kennedy replied ...... "No way. I don't want any special favors, or any handicaps. Regarding the Kenyans, I want to train with them, I want to race against them, and I want to beat them fair and square. And if I can't beat them, I will know that I tried my best with no special favors/handicaps given to me."

o

o

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be a tough series in Boston. Tomorrow's matchup, Miley vs Price, looks really lopsided against us on paper. Tuesday is most winnable game as long as Bundy is on point. Wednesday scares me against the 20-game winner, but sometimes young Gausman can really do wonders, so we'll see. I would love to see us take 2 of 3!

Tomorrow's game is huge if the O's have any shot at the division. If they lose, they'd be 3 back and would likely need to win 3 of 4 in Baltimore next week against Boston. Hard to envision that happening.

Win tomorrow, get a split next week, and outplay them by 1-2 games in the remaining 13 games.

The O's have 11 games left against the other 3 teams vying for this division.

Boston has 15 games left agains the other 3 teans, including 5 against the O's. (That means they have 10 games against TOR and NYY)

New York has 14 games left against the other 3 teams, including 3 against the O's. (That means they have 11 games against TOR and BOS)

Toronto has 10 games left against the other 3 teams, including 3 against the O's. (That means they have 7 games against BOS and NYY)

The good news is, there are a guaranteed 14 combined losses coming for the Red Sox, Yankees, and Blue Jays against each other. If they more or less split with each other, that means we can expect the Red Sox to go 5-5, the Yankees to go about 5-6, and the Blue Jays to go about 4-3

A few other scenarios, think about them however you want, it gets a little convoluted thinking of the implications from this point....

If the Red Sox sweep and the Yankees tank, that's 10-0 Boston, 0-11 Yankees, and again 4-3 Toronto.

If the Red Sox sweep and the Blue Jays tank, that's 10-0 Boston, 4-7 Yankees, and 0-7 Toronto.

If the Red Sox sweep and the Yankees & Blue Jays split the rest, that's 10-0 Boston, 2-9 Yankees, and 2-5 Toronto.

If the Yankees sweep and the Red Sox tank, that's 0-10 Boston, 11-0 Yankees, 3-4 Toronto.

If the Yankees sweep and the Blue Jays tank, that's 3-7 Boston, 11-0 Yankees, 0-7 Toronto.

If the Blue Jays sweep and the Red Sox tank, that's 0-10 Boston, 7-4 Yankees, 7-0 Toronto.

If the Blue Jays sweep and the Yankees tank, that's 7-3 Boston, 0-11 Yankees, 7-0 Toronto.

The Yankees are going to be a thorn in side of all the division leaders.

Believe it or not, the last-place D-Rays are a very respectable 12-8 over their last 20 games.

They are a potential thorn in the side to the teams that are at or near the top of the American League, as well.

And they just beat the Texas Rangers 2 out of 3 games ........ the team with the best record in the American League.

The D-Rays are now 14-9 over their last 23 games, and they are apparently not rolling over for anyone.

The D-Rays are 17-13 over their last 30 games.

Their next 9 games are against the Red Sox, the Blue Jays, and the Orioles, respectively.

The D-Rays just beat the Blue Jays for the 2nd consecutive time.

They will go for the sweep tomorrow.

o

The D-Rays are now 17-14 over their last 31 games.

Is that great ??? No. But for a last-place team in the toughest division in baseball, it's pretty damned good.

Donaldson has hip issue I just learned.

Righto.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/09/14/blue-jays-3b-donaldson-to-undergo-mri-on-sore-right-hip/90358830/

Reigning AL MVP Josh Donaldson will have an MRI on his sore right hip Wednesday, Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said before Toronto hosted Tampa Bay in a matinee.

Donaldson isn't in the lineup for a third straight day. He jammed his hip stepping on first base in Sunday's loss to Boston.

o

BOSTON RED SOX OOOOOOOOOOlllllllll..)ooo) 81-64 OO))..lllll - -

BALTIMORE ORIOLES,)OOOOOOOOOOoo.lll 80-65 OOOlllll... 1.0

TORONTO BLUE JAYS o)llllllllOOOOOOo..... 78-66 OO)).lllllll 2.0

NEW YORK YANKEES )OOOOOOOOOOOo.ll))) 77-68 OO...)llllll 4.0

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS ..)lllll)))oooOO 62-83 OOOOlllllll 19

o

Archived