8 man pen.

bpilktree

I am thinking we should go with 8 man pen the rest of the way. We have no 5th starter and all options are about equal so I would just go with a revolving door. They have 8 guys in pen 4 days then bring up a guy to start on Tuesday then he goes right back down and another reliever so we have 8 man pen. Then bring up a starter for 5 days later and have 7 man pen then he goes right back down and you have 8 man pen again. Who is the 5th starter doesn't really matter much IMo Wright, Wilson, Worley, Despaigne, even McFarland are all about equal.

Yes, seems like the best bet is a deep bullpen with Bundy and another long man piggybacked by another guy in the bullpen. If at least one of the starters (Despaigne/Wilson/Wright) and two of the bullpen arms (Roe, TJ, Drake, Tolliver, Hart) have options, they will have the flexibility to rotate guys in and out and always have a full bullpen. They can also go with a short bench from time to time.

I was thinking about this the other day. Reimold would have to be the odd man out. I'm a big Reimold fan but with Rickard, Kim, and Alvarez all playing well I do wonder if an 8th reliever might help us win more often than Reimold does with our current setup.

I was thinking about this the other day. Reimold would have to be the odd man out. I'm a big Reimold fan but with Rickard, Kim, and Alvarez all playing well I do wonder if an 8th reliever might help us win more often than Reimold does with our current setup.

Reimold sent to Norfolk, a la Steve Pearce last year or two ago.

Reimold sent to Norfolk, a la Steve Pearce last year or two ago.

I don't think they need to send a position player down or let go. Tuesday you bring up Wright or Miranda to start or someone down in minors. They go down and Drake comes up and you have 8 man pen til next start needed and then send reliever down to get starter who then goes right back Down or course Ubaldo the issue as he is taking up a spot.

Just play with options. No need to get rid of Reimold. Between Tolliver, Roe, Drake, Hart, Garcia, Aquino, Despaigne, Wilson, and Wright, we have plenty of guys already on the 40 man who are interchangeable. It shouldn't be too hard to have one guy available to piggyback Bundy and whoever is the 5th starter plus normal bullpen depth. As soon as one of the long guys pitches, he gets sent down for 10 days and replaced with a fresh arm. At any given time we will have 7 relievers, but they can be used just like an 8 man pen.

Just play with options. No need to get rid of Reimold. Between Tolliver, Roe, Drake, Hart, Garcia, Aquino, Despaigne, Wilson, and Wright, we have plenty of guys already on the 40 man who are interchangeable. It shouldn't be too hard to have one guy available to piggyback Bundy and whoever is the 5th starter plus normal bullpen depth. As soon as one of the long guys pitches, he gets sent down for 10 days and replaced with a fresh arm. At any given time we will have 7 relievers, but they can be used just like an 8 man pen.

This doesn't take away from your point, which I agree with, but Roe doesn't have options.

Archived