Kim tonight

Frobby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the radio pre-game, they mentioned that Pearce was 2 for 6 with a homer off Scherzer in his career. I hope that wasn't Buck's tninking. I'm not a big fan of sample sizes of 6 at bats.

Combination of matchup numbers, "Kim can't hit a fastball", and "keep Pearce fresh"--none of which are good reasons to keep your .400+ OBP out of the game.

Kim really needs to be playing every day. He brings something to the team that no one else does, consistent quality AB's and OBP.

I can kinda-sorta understand the proclivity to sit him against lefties, but I'd still like to see him get more opportunities there. And there is absolutely zero reason Pearce should start over him against a RHP.

Same ol' Buck, he hates to be proven wrong. Kim will not be given chances against lefties because it may make him (Buck) look stupid. He is faithful to a fault to players he likes and stubborn to a fault to players that have crossed him in some manner. I truly believe BS didn't care about last nights game. His worse case scenario was the O's perhaps might tie it at 1-0 and he might have to go extra innings. That would upset his pitching plans for the weekend. Hence, the second inning with O, solved that problem.

On the radio pre-game, they mentioned that Pearce was 2 for 6 with a homer off Scherzer in his career. I hope that wasn't Buck's tninking. I'm not a big fan of sample sizes of 6 at bats.

I don't disagree with it being a small sample size, but at the same time, is that logic so terrible? Pearce is a decent fastball hitter, has faced Sherzer a couple of times, and has held his own. Kim (who I've been a big advocate for from day 1) has what history vs. Scherzer?

I don't disagree with it being a small sample size, but at the same time, is that logic so terrible? Pearce is a decent fastball hitter, has faced Sherzer a couple of times, and has held his own. Kim (who I've been a big advocate for from day 1) has what history vs. Scherzer?

You can't have a history if you are not given a chance.

You can't have a history if you are not given a chance.

Obviously.

I just think, in an away game vs. a bulldog flamethrower, there's nothing wrong with going with a guy who has some history. I think Buck wanted a lineup full of guys who could make the difference with one swing, and he was more confident with Pearce.

And against whom has Kim had any history at all on his way to the best OBP on the team?

Obviously.

I just think, in an away game vs. a bulldog flamethrower, there's nothing wrong with going with a guy who has some history. I think Buck wanted a lineup full of guys who could make the difference with one swing, and he was more confident with Pearce.

Bulldog flamethrower whose effectiveness is greatly increased by his other slower pitches that Kim has proven he is the best on the team at picking up and hitting.

I looked it up later and found a site saying Pearce was 2 for 12 lifetime against Scherzer (with a homer).

Oh well, nothing against Pearce, but I just think the line-up gets far more one dimensional without Kim's bat.

Archived