Dylan Bundy Mania

PressBoxOnline

Orioles fans are starving for a truly great pitcher after 15+ years in the wilderness. I think Bundy has that potential, but I don't think he'll inspire the type of "mania" described in the article (like with Mark Fidrych or Fernando Valenzuela), even if he turns out about as well as we all hope. His personality doesn't lend itself to it.

Orioles fans are starving for a truly great pitcher after 15+ years in the wilderness. I think Bundy has that potential, but I don't think he'll inspire the type of "mania" described in the article (like with Mark Fidrych or Fernando Valenzuela), even if he turns out about as well as we all hope. His personality doesn't lend itself to it.

Yea, I agree. Bundy doesn't seem like an attention seeker or a "rah-rah" kinda guy. He's more like the guy who just shows up and kicks your a** and doesn't say a word while doing it. IMO, perfect demeanor for a dominant starting pitcher. Consider me excited.

Appreciated by most of his teammates, I'm sure!

If Bundy has a dominant season, finishes in the top 3 for the CY, and takes the O's deep in the playoffs...I am pretty sure the fanbase will get behind him regardless of his personality. He might not be the most expressive guy, but he has not done anything to bring negative attention to himself despite taking a lot of heat from the fanbase up to this point. The O's have lacked a dominant starter for such a long time...he would be such a perfect fit for this team and I think the fanbase will recognize it if he is the one who puts us over the top.

A healthy Dylan Bundy with a dominant cutter, a mid to upper 90s FB with a plus change and curveball is drool worthy.

But it's all health. As Orioles fans, after severe mismanagement and poor drafting for nearly 2 decades...think it's time for something to finally pan out on the starting pitching side.

Per his request,I hosted the opening of the Nolan Ryan museum in Alvin, Texas once.

There I saw the scouting report from the Mets scout framed on the wall.

It read something like this:

"This boy is the greatest pitching prospect Ive ever seen in my life.His personality is very cool, but when he gets on the mound..he's all business, and he has a mean streak in him".We need to sign him".

I dont know that Bundy is Ryan like talent, but he has all of the qualities the "Express" had.

Right now, I dont care if there is any Bundy"mania". I know Im just crazy about his talent.

Stay healthy Dylan,and go get em.

Roy, I do not think Nolan Ryan and Dylan Bundy are very good comps. But I do see a lot of Tom Seaver in Dylan Bundy. In fact, to me, he looks just like a young Tom Seaver.

Archived