vs. ASTROS, 8/18

Sessh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My fantasy team captured all the pitching categories today because my opponent had Jake Arrieta. Too bad he did not have Davies too!

I didn't even know Davies was doing so well. He might have been the perfect replacement for Wei-yin Chen, less expensive and better than Miley. And we gave him up for a few months of flame-out Gerardo Parra. Jeesh.

Gausman was a 1st round draft pick

How is that working out?

Not bad.

There have been plenty of 1st-round draft picks that have been both better and worse than Gausman throughout the history of the draft (1965-Present.)

And a record of 3-10 aint good

Not, it isn't.

Neither is judging a pitcher based on his W-L record.

OK, what other metrics are you going to use for a starting pitcher?

For starters, his ERA of 4.01, and his WHIP of 1.31, neither of which is close to being representative of a pitcher with a 3-10 record.

Nolan Ryan led the National League in ERA (2.76) in 1987 with a record of 8-16.

Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young Award in 2010 with a record of 13-12.

You obviously have a stick up your ass about Gausman.

Good luck with that.

At some point don't you have to start protecting yourself with two strikes?

Been thinking about that. Lots of guys pride themselves in knowing the strike zone and feel they're disciplined. I think Davis feels like he's one of those guys. Ted Williams sure did, to the point where if he didn't swing, the old story is the ump called a ball. I just can't see Ted taking close ones like that, though. Davis is no Ted Williams.

I didn't even know Davies was doing so well. He might have been the perfect replacement for Wei-yin Chen, less expensive and better than Miley. And we gave him up for a few months of flame-out Gerardo Parra. Jeesh.

Davies was crushed today though. Like Wei Chen against the Tigers or Jays crushed.

Been thinking about that. Lots of guys pride themselves in knowing the strike zone and feel they're disciplined. I think Davis feels like he's one of those guys. Ted Williams sure did, to the point where if he didn't swing, the old story is the ump called a ball. I just can't see Ted taking close ones like that, though. Davis is no Ted Williams.

I met Ted Williams. I watched Ted Williams. Chris is no Ted Williams.

It obviously isn't working for him this year.

Been thinking about that. Lots of guys pride themselves in knowing the strike zone and feel they're disciplined. I think Davis feels like he's one of those guys. Ted Williams sure did, to the point where if he didn't swing, the old story is the ump called a ball. I just can't see Ted taking close ones like that, though.

Davis is no Ted Williams.

I met Ted Williams. I watched Ted Williams. Chris is no Ted Williams.

We definitely agree.

Archived