Wilson headed back to Norfolk

allquixotic

Good riddance. His command has been nowhere near good enough for a guy with mediocre stuff.

I expect somebody like Wilson to struggle. Miley is making $6M this year and we are on the hook for $9M next year, plus we gave up a decent (if borderline) prospect to get him. In my mind, last night's loss is about 90% on Miley and I expect better from him.

I have seen enough of Wilson that my initial excitement has worn off for sure. But Wilson would probably still be with the team and given a shot if it wasn't for Miley and Ubaldo's salary commitments.

When do you start looking at Wallace and the Professor (Peterson)???

Never. Not good enough pitchers in a raw material sense. Wilson will never make it. Why do you guys keep thinking that someone can be trained to be one of the best 350 in the world at something?

You could tell how infuriated Buck was with Wilson when he pulled him in the 7th when the Astros lead had already ballooned to four runs. He didn't even want him to stay in the game to eat up innings. He was probably thinking "Just get out of here. I don't want to see you pitch any more innings." I'll be surprised if Wilson pitches for the Orioles again this year.

Archived