vs. NATIONALS, 8/23

OFFNY

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe the overturned it. I think he was out but don't think it was conclusive. I paused it a million times on my DVR. He was going to beat it by a ton but basicalliy pulls his hand back to lessen the impact as he gets close to the bag.

The tag on the foot was maybe half an inch before he touched the bag. But that's not conclusive. THat's the type of call that normally goes against us.

One more thing about replay.

If they want to speed up the game, why don't they get rid of replay for the regular season? There is no need for it. Who cares if a call or two is bad? There are 161 other games to make up for it.

Now in a 5 game playoff, you have it.

But regular season? No. I'd rather have my 10 minutes back.

Can't believe the overturned it. I think he was out but don't think it was conclusive. I paused it a million times on my DVR. He was going to beat it by a ton but basicalliy pulls his hand back to lessen the impact as he gets close to the bag.

The tag on the foot was maybe half an inch before he touched the bag. But that's not conclusive. THat's the type of call that normally goes against us.

One more thing about replay.

If they want to speed up the game, why don't they get rid of replay for the regular season? There is no need for it. Who cares if a call or two is bad? There are 161 other games to make up for it.

Now in a 5 game playoff, you have it.

But regular season? No. I'd rather have my 10 minutes back.

I know I've said it before, but they need to get rid of the challenge nonsense altogether. Get a fifth ump to review video. He simply looks at all really close plays for 20 - 30 seconds to see if the call on the field needs to be overturned and play proceeds accordingly. If he can't conclusively overturn within 30 seconds then the field call stands. It wouldn't add time to the game because that's the amount of time managers are saying, "let us see if we want to challenge" on the close plays anyway.

I know I've said it before, but they need to get rid of the challenge nonsense altogether. Get a fifth ump to review video. He simply looks at all really close plays for 20 - 30 seconds to see if the call on the field needs to be overturned and play proceeds accordingly. If he can't conclusively overturn within 30 seconds then the field call stands. It wouldn't add time to the game because that's the amount of time managers are saying, "let us see if we want to challenge" on the close plays anyway.

Obviously cant be part of the umpiring squad on the field though. They are not impartial when they live, travel and work together.

Archived