Tillman having shoulder issues still

eddie83

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has happened with Gausman and Gallardo this year. Both have been fine after it. If he comes back on Sept. 2nd and pitches the rest of the year we will be ok.

The other guys are just going to have to step up.

And the offense can carry a weak pitching staff for stretches. We saw that for the first two months.

Gotta wonder how much more damage was done pitching injured

Please shut down Dylan Bundy now

Look at the rosters, pitching rotations of the playoff contenders. No way a reasonable baseball man would project the O's to

have a chance.

Don't screw up what has been an amazing bounce back by Bundy

Look at the rosters, pitching rotations of the playoff contenders. No way a reasonable baseball man would project the O's to

have a chance.

Glad I am not a reasonable baseball man because I think the O's have a chance.

have a chance.

So...we are in a wildcard position 2 games out of first, and you want to throw the season away? I don't want anything happening to Bundy, but as long as he is healthy and not experiencing any fatigue, he should be building his innings. If they shut him down at 80-100 innings he will be short again next year.

Also, why do you bother with this team? Everybody asks you this but I was curious as well.

So...we are in a wildcard position 2 games out of first, and you want to throw the season away? I don't want anything happening to Bundy, but as long as he is healthy and not experiencing any fatigue, he should be building his innings. If they shut him down at 80-100 innings he will be short again next year.

Also, why do you bother with this team? Everybody asks you this but I was curious as well.

Some people are pot stirrers; ire inducers. They love to get people's dander up by doing Sith-like things such as dealing in absolutes (i.e. we will NEVER do this or he CANNOT win tonight; no chance!).

Others are what I like to call "bufferers." These people, you see them in the game threads a lot, will predict doom and gloom so that they don't have the feeling of being let down if/when bad outcomes occur. Additionally they get the brief psychological benefit of doling out "I told you so" remarks.

Some people just have to have something to complain about for them to feel purpose. They enjoy complaining - I feel bad for these individuals.

Then again, there's is also the distinct possibility that some are just trolls/closet Gnats/Yanks/Sox fans who like to watch OH burn.

Please shut down webbrick2010 now.

have a chance.

This is by far the best idea that you have ever had in all of your posts at the OH.

Today's pitchers are like nfl running backs. They are fragile and undependable and have a short life span. All of them. I think the new dynamic is to have 5 average pitchers with a shut down pen. All the time building depth and replacements in the minors.

Eventually the idea of needing starting pitchers so they can go 5 innings and get a "win" will be abolished. Mix-and-match from inning one to inning nine. Kind of like the running back-by-committee approach.

Eventually the idea of needing starting pitchers so they can go 5 innings and get a "win" will be abolished. Mix-and-match from inning one to inning nine. Kind of like the running back-by-committee approach.

I agree. Works for me in the old Nintendo RBI baseball. Seriously, the 1st and 2nd innings are pretty high leverage, they should be played that way. I'd rather go with Worley for a couple innings and see where we are than start, say, Ubaldo, and be forced to stretch him out.

Well, judging by the way Manfred wants to apparently limit pitching changes, I don't know if that would be allowed.

Archived