Will the fans show?

Todd-O

My wife has told them this before. And it is in the TV shot view. It makes the place look empty. they and should look to fill it and sections 5, 7, and 8.

They claim prices have only gone up 3 out of rhe last five years Maybe for the whole stadium. But when I look at my old schedule that lower reserved down the line became something else.The seats you are talking about and some Upper Reserved became Upper Box.Plus they raised prices on lower level a few years back.Remember when they used to only charge extra for Yankee and Sox games.

Also group tickets went up alot and giving less incentives with the deal.Groups ,especially with big companies bring in whole sections sometime.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They claim prices have only gone up 3 out of rhe last five years Maybe for the whole stadium. But when I look at my old schedule that lower reserved down the line became something else.The seats you are talking about and some Upper Reserved became Upper Box.Plus they raised prices on lower level a few years back.Remember when they used to only charge extra for Yankee and Sox games.

Also group tickets went up alot and giving less incentives with the deal.Groups ,especially with big companies bring in whole sections sometime.

When whole sections of seats aren't selling doesn't that set off bells in the Warehouse? Lower left field box seats were $48 last night. They are $33 next 2 Friday's. A family of 4 goes from $192 to $132. $60 more to see the Yankees with no promotion or fireworks. If you lose season ticket holders you need a ton of individual sales to make up for it. You aren't going to lose season ticket holders and gain it back with individual sales, not going to happen.

I am curious how this weekend series will stack up with the last 2 weekend series of the season.

I think Mr. Angelos needs to take a hard look at his marketing operation and strategy this offseason. As I said, maybe the pricing strategy is maximizing revenue, even if attendance isn't maximized. But I have to wonder about that, and I do think higher attendance has benefits in terms of both helping the team to win and building fan loyalty.

It is a bad look and the players can't like it.

When the Orioles raised season prices of course individual prices went up as well. If people drop season tickets due to money are the individual buyers going to pay more themselves? Maybe some of the season buyers they lost will still go to some games but obviously not enough to make up for the difference.

Weams, when you talked to the Orioles and marketing, did you get the sense that they see a problem? Was it just more of the same... We're winning. We're a good value. People should come. Any sense that they've considered doing something with a month left in the season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was at the game last night, section 352 upper box. Almost NO ONE in the upper reserve seats behind me. The usher went up and one by one, invited people to move down to the upper box. Against the Yankees on a beautiful September Friday night, in the thick of a pennant race?

Orioles ticket office has a lot of blame, and needs an overhaul. I dread calling my season ticket agent (won't name him). Surly as all get out. And when I get other agents, so unhelpful. And besides the attitude, the Orioles lost their money in the bank by releasing invoices too late. The whole name of the game is to bank as many season ticket purchases as possible --- that's the revenue base --- then add individual sales as best as possible. So they messed up in the season ticket sales, then as others have pointed out, vast improvement is needed in marketing individual game sales, including seat location vs. price. Can't do much about lingering fears from the riots, but there's a lot the Orioles ticket office can control, but are doing a poor job.

To end on a positive, by and large, the in-stadium staff have great attitudes, and make me feel welcome for a night of fun. Concession sales in particular, much better than experience with, for example, the Caps concession sales.

Could it be that the novelty of having a good team in Baltimore after losing 15 straight seasons is wearing off?

Like anything else, it is probably a combination of things.

Increase in ticket prices, decrease in interest in the team, Yankees fans aren't filling the park like normal, etc.

I plan on going to the game tonight. I'll be waiting until last second to get my tickets on the secondary market to allow the price to really come down. Being able to electronically scan tickets from your phone now is a big plus.

Just bought tickets for tonight's game - $150 for 2 tickets in section 14. I absolutely loathe the tiered pricing strategy. Ticket prices for these "prime" games are getting a little ridiculous in a market like Baltimore. Add in the obligatory "convenience" fees and I really start to get turned off from wanting to go to any of these "prime" games. To me, it's not so much the money as it is the principle.

I usually go to about 10 games a year, or so. This will only be my 4th of the season, and I may get to a few more before the year is done, but I definitely have less enthusiasm than in years past.

Just bought tickets for tonight's game - $150 for 2 tickets in section 14. I absolutely loathe the tiered pricing strategy. Ticket prices for these "prime" games are getting a little ridiculous in a market like Baltimore. Add in the obligatory "convenience" fees and I really start to get turned off from wanting to go to any of these "prime" games. To me, it's not so much the money as it is the principle.

I usually go to about 10 games a year, or so. This will only be my 4th of the season, and I may get to a few more before the year is done, but I definitely have less enthusiasm than in years past.

You could probably gotten those same tickets for half that price (or less) if you waited until game time to purchase.

Weams, when you talked to the Orioles and marketing, did you get the sense that they see a problem? Was it just more of the same... We're winning. We're a good value. People should come. Any sense that they've considered doing something with a month left in the season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get the sense that the status quo will not continue. Either in opportunities to keep cost down and be flexible with exchanges or that the fans will return at a model that supports the current payroll. I do sense that the Orioles are profoundly aware of the problem and are not completely taking responsibility for it. And in my opinion they should not. I was convinced that the higher payroll model would not work for current Baltimore and I am still convinced that the team will needed to be run at a lower level of expenditures to succeed in Baltimore.

You could probably gotten those same tickets for half that price (or less) if you waited until game time to purchase.

Probably, but I also had to get gift tickets for someone else. Didn't want them waiting around to the last minute wondering if I am going to pull through or not. I actually tried the waiting game this week and tickets on stubhub have only gotten more expensive as the week has gone on.

That said, I shouldn't have to play that game. Charge a fair price and stop screwing with the fan base.

I get the sense that the status quo will not continue. Either in opportunities to keep cost down and be flexible with exchanges or that the fans will return at a model that supports the current payroll. I do sense that the Orioles are profoundly aware of the problem and are not completely taking responsibility for it. And in my opinion they should not. I was convinced that the higher payroll model would not work for current Baltimore and I am still convinced that the team will needed to be run at a lower level of expenditures to succeed in Baltimore.

I believe that support of winning teams by a fan base is a responsibility of a fan base. Not the other way around.

I plan on going to the game tonight. I'll be waiting until last second to get my tickets on the secondary market to allow the price to really come down. Being able to electronically scan tickets from your phone now is a big plus.

A big plus. I can remember the days that the yards were sold out and having to mill around and wait for the scalper prices to plummet.

Probably, but I also had to get gift tickets for someone else. Didn't want them waiting around to the last minute wondering if I am going to pull through or not. I actually tried the waiting game this week and tickets on stubhub have only gotten more expensive as the week has gone on.

That said, I shouldn't have to play that game. Charge a fair price and stop screwing with the fan base.

Anything that is not sold by game time drops like a rock. Seat geek and vivid seats are lesser known, so usually the inventory is a little better and the price is lower.

For the sold out Thursday game the O's played at Nats park we waited until the second inning and got some tickets for about a third of the price that were several hours earlier.

Anything that is not sold by game time drops like a rock. Seat geek and vivid seats are lesser known, so usually the inventory is a little better and the price is lower.

For the sold out Thursday game the O's played at Nats park we waited until the second inning and got some tickets for about a third of the price that were several hours earlier.

Checked Seat Geek, they were more expensive than Stubhub. I couldn't wait until game time and definitely not until after first pitch. For myself, I could have, but some of the tickets I bought were gifts, and needed to be ready to use prior to game time.

Archived