Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sox series does not look great. The Upper Deck looks pretty empty for all games. The lower box most expensive tickets are mostly gone . Thursday, for some reason almost all gone. Wondering if the ticket brokers bought up those tickets to sell to Red Sox fans.

Makes sense. Big Papi last game here.

Yeah, if people are going to go to individual games the rest of the year, last night wasn't a sexy game.

Nope, that's why I went alone. I thought that maybe their momentum from Wednesday's big win in Boston would translate into win #81, but as the old adage

goes: momentum is tomorrow's starting pitching (or lack thereof). Still pretty bummed: been to only two games this year and they were both bad losses. Any

loss is bad, but non-competitive starting pitching again really makes me want to start choosing my visits based upon the starter and nothing else.

The poor attendance this season for a contending team is not going to help convince Angelos to offer big contracts to our good players.

DD's acquisition of expensive starting pitchers despite their performance and numbers screaming that doing so was a bad idea doesn't help.

If cost is prohibiting anyone from going to the games, try StubHub. I haven't used it for the Orioles in particular, but I have for a few other places. Tickets are typically MUCH cheaper than ordering through the MLB websites, and there are usually lots of options. At Wrigley Field I got tickets in very good seats for $25 that are usually in the $50s through cubs.com. At Dodger Stadium I got tickets for $6 (!) that are usually about $30 through dodgers.com.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> announce attendance as 27,823</p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In a pennant race. In a wild card spot. Late September. On a beautiful evening. Two games out of first. A Saturday night. After an exciting come from behind win. Baltimore, get ready for a AA team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> announce attendance as 27,823</p>? Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="
">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In a pennant race. In a wild card spot. Late September. On a beautiful evening. Two games out of first. A Saturday night. After an exciting come from behind win. Baltimore, get ready for a AA team.

Pathetic. Where is the fellow that was going to go but decided to play video games with his family instead. How emblematic.

Our fans suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure. We did, too.

I will say, though....it's tough to get excited about going to a game when you can't be sure we'll win. Why risk it, amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday night traffic we were on the road close to four hours to chance it.

Archived