Will the fans show?

Todd-O

I agree as well. The reason the fans are not there in a pennant drive is on the fans though. Sorry. Cities and fans bases wait years for those times.

Agree 100% I can't imagine whats gonna happen to team if we have some lean years. This weeks crowds are going to effect our players cause I'd be pissed if I was them. I know they get paid millions but they are still human beings.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree as well. The reason the fans are not there in a pennant drive is on the fans though. Sorry. Cities and fans bases wait years for those times.

For whatever reason and probably many ,the fan enthusiasm never took hold. People will complain after this series attendance. Can't wait for the media after the Sox series. I will see how they market the off season. Has to be better.

Agree 100% I can't imagine whats gonna happen to team if we have some lean years. This weeks crowds are going to effect our players cause I'd be pissed if I was them. I know they get paid millions but they are still human beings.

i am not sure. Cleveland has really bad attendance and the players are having fun. Indian attendance is beyond terrible.

Washington for a team that good is only going to draw around 2.5 million. Bigger city then Baltimore. First place team all year and do a good job marketing. I never thought DC was a great baseball town myself.

But what do they care. Get $38 million in MASN money and the league gives them $25 million more.

DC metro area will always be a redskins and football town first. I know that's generally the case with most towns but people in DC have many options and so attention is diverted pretty easily.

I think a lot of it has to do with playoff failure too. DC fans are sick of the one and done stuff they see from the caps and nats. Yes, the nats have only made it twice but it's uncanny how similarly to the caps they have performed in the playoffs. Especially that choke job in 2012 game 5 against the cardinals. I think they blew a 6-0 lead which was a record.

People get tired of crap like that. Nats are kind of in a "prove it" year this year. I don't think they hit enough to beat the Dodgers so I see one and done again which won't help for upcoming years attendance and interest.

Where was the organization's marketing team this season?

In 2012, there was BuckleUp. In 2014, there was We Won't Stop.

This season, nothing...

Its like they are sitting in a corner pouting like brats about how they spent money and the fans didn't come.

May in Baltimore we had like 17 straight days of rain that absolutely killed gate numbers early on. Then we had most of Orioles twitter and every major sports outlet beating the constant drum of the Orioles not being really good enough. Combine that with general negative attitudes about the city, from the counties, coming in the wake of the riots last year you get what we got.

I am not shocked by the downturn in attendance.

Quite honestly, those are a bunch of sad excuses. I hear the "bad weather this spring" excuse every year. We are in a tight pennant race and we can't get 30,000 fans to come on the second to last home weekend of the year? That's just pathetic. People get to make their own decisions about whether to attend baseball games for whatever reasons they want, but if you can't draw a near-sellout on a weekend in the heat of a pennant race, your city just isn't much of a baseball town IMO.

Again. I'd have to disagree. Being there is everything. I like to be here when I can.

Weams, you know I love a good Floyd reference. But I'd have to agree that the atmosphere has been awful, at least from what I've seen on TV (I'm in New York now and, while I've gone to a couple of O's-Yanks games this year, haven't made it down to Camden yet; planning on going on Sunday against Arizona, though, while in town for a wedding). I mean, this was a really important series against Tampa Bay ? at home, where the O's have been great ? and over a weekend ? and what little crowds there were always seemed to be doing any- and everything other than watching the game. Say what you want about Boston fans, but they watch the games with bated breath, reacting to pretty much every pitch. Whereas Camden always feels like a picnic at the park, and oh hey look Mommy they're playing baseball over there.

Those are locals.

I understand that, but they make it unbearable for the Baltimore Oriole fans that do attend. Of course, if the Orioles would actually kick them in the teeth in OPACY, the pink hats would shut up and eventually stop coming. Someone here had a good idea: they floated a promotion concept for when Bos. or NY is in town, where walkup fans wearing orange would get a discount - just to put butts in the seats and drown out the fan repellant. If they did this and advertised it well, I bet it would work.

Archived