Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was there on Wedneday with my friend. We got tickets 4 rows behind 3rd base for 40 a piece. The scalpers were telling us they can't believe how empty it is and are taking a hit. Normally' date=' they would make bank on these games.

Even Jones said the marketing a promo team isn't good or something along those lines. Maybe do ticket specials for anyone with a DMV plus Delaware and Pennsylvania license. I'll never blame a fan for not attending a game. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of attendance but sametime the FO isn't doing much from a ticket special standpoint and maybe fans are getting tired of the hack at everything approach as well.

Wasn't aware that many people don't want to come down to the yard due to the past riots etc. I've always felt extremely safe around the yard but obviously that is not the case for everyone and maybe only time will allow that to change. Not a knock against anyone, just a observation.[/quote']

I honestly think the biggest reason is still fallout from the riots. I don't agree with it, but I believe that is the sentiment.

I believe it'll take maybe ten years before it's not an issue. Attendance will potentially never recover.

I'm surprised at how often people take comments like this really personally. People on here have been theorizing about the low attendance all season, so why is it offensive when a player wonders about the same thing?

I also don't see what his level of play has to do with whether or not he should be offering his thoughts. Is he supposed to not think about anything but hitting a baseball with every second of his life? Or is it that you should only talk if you are at the very top of your game when you say it? If so, I guess Zach Britton is the only person we care about hearing from. I don't get it.

I don't believe in the riots theory. No why? Did they not sell out on opening day? I'm willing to be that the place will be packed if the O's make the playoffs.

If you look historically, Opening Day and the Playoffs always sell out. I think most were referring to the everyday weekday games.

I'm surprised at how often people take comments like this really personally. People on here have been theorizing about the low attendance all season, so why is it offensive when a player wonders about the same thing?

I also don't see what his level of play has to do with whether or not he should be offering his thoughts. Is he supposed to not think about anything but hitting a baseball with every second of his life? Or is it that you should only talk if you are at the very top of your game when you say it? If so, I guess Zach Britton is the only person we care about hearing from. I don't get it.

I personally don't care if he's hitting .100 or .400. He has the right to his opinion. And the Fans have that right too.

I'll stick to the whole they mishandled ticket renewals and raised prices a bit too much as the main culprit. Bad weather and perceptions of safety around downtown just further played into bad walk up sales. Hopefully they handle the season tickets better this off-season. Better ticket promotions. Do away with prime games. Have FanFest in late Jan/early Feb. But there's not much they can do about the weather or fan perceptions. I'm not too concerned because it was the perfect (or imperfect) storm of crap that affected attendance this year IMO. But if they do straighten some of these problems out and it happen again next season, I'd be a bit more concerned.

The Yankees drew 53,070 average in the old stadium last year (2008). In he new stadium their best attendance was 46k in 2010. They have been on a downward spiral in attendance. Only 38k this year.

They dont even sell out playoff games. They have crazy high tickets prices and the highest parking prices in baseball at $35 per game.

They dont even sell out playoff games. They have crazy high tickets prices and the highest parking prices in baseball at $35 per game.

But if they don't have the biggest capacity, then I'd imagine that any team with any higher capacity doesn't come close to filling their stadium either. If they had a normal sized stadium for a modern one (37,000-39,000) they'd be as scarce as NFL tickets.

And why would parking matter? Who has a car in NYC? They all use the trains or Uber.

But if they don't have the biggest capacity, then I'd imagine that any team with any higher capacity doesn't come close to filling their stadium either. If they had a normal sized stadium for a modern one (37,000-39,000) they'd be as scarce as NFL tickets.

And why would parking matter? Who has a car in NYC? They all use the trains or Uber.

Not everybody uses trains or Uber, the traffic is a nightmare, but, its congested by sure volume.

Perhaps part of this is just a national trend. Dodgers are down over 1000 fans a game. Nationals are down over 1500 fans a game. Yankees over a 1000 fans a game. The Nationals and the Dodgers both are division leaders. And the Yankees have been somewhat in the race.

Perhaps part of this is just a national trend. Dodgers are down over 1000 fans a game. Nationals are down over 1500 fans a game. Yankees over a 1000 fans a game. The Nationals and the Dodgers both are division leaders. And the Yankees have been somewhat in the race.

Baseball is a very slowly dying sport. The Youth isn't playing it like they did years ago and they don't attend it like they did in past decades.

IMO

Archived