30 games left

ChuckS

72-60. How many wins will it take? Here are my predictions:

To win the division? 20-10 (92 wins)

To win the first wild card? 18-12 (90 wins)

To win the second wild card? 17-13 (89 wins)

This seems about right given the teams we are contending with. It's not going to be easy.

91 wins for the WC. 93 for the division.

91 for which WC? To get to 91 wins all of the competition below us will have to finish 20-10 or better. I don't see that happening given the parity around the AL right now.

The Tigers and the Astros are the two teams I'm looking at. Road seems a bit tough for the three others behind us (Yankees, Royals, and Mariners). That series against Detroit next weekend could easily make or break our season.

91 for which WC? To get to 91 wins all of the competition below us will have to finish 20-10 or better. I don't see that happening given the parity around the AL right now.

To win either WC. It may take fewer, but I think 91 definitely gets them in as one of the WCs. One or two teams are going to go on runs. There are just too many in the pack.

Uphill battle as long as our best pitcher, one of our best relievers, and our best overall position player are sitting on the bench.

I have been bullish on this team all season but we are asking a whole lot for them to put together any type of run with those guys out.

This team when healthy can compete with anyone, I have no doubt about that. But we are FAR from healthy right now.

Uphill battle as long as our best pitcher, one of our best relievers, and our best overall position player are sitting on the bench.

I have been bullish on this team all season but we are asking a whole lot for them to put together any type of run with those guys out.

This team when healthy can compete with anyone, I have no doubt about that. But we are FAR from healthy right now.

What happened to Manny?

I think 90 wins would get them in the playoffs. We need Tillman back before too too long. Ubaldo and Miley have done well their last two starts against two good teams, but we know that probably won't last forever. I hope Jones is back Friday after the off day Thursday. I'm not even sure what the latest timetable on O'Day is supposed to be.

The O's destiny remains in their hands. Four games with Toronto, seven with Boston. Yeah, they're going to be tough games. But you can't say the Orioles don't have a chance to win this thing, if they're up to the task.

For those that believe the division is probably out of reach, then you better start looking at the 1st WC spot. WP at home .652 (43-23). WP away .439 (29-37)... we do not want to play outside of OPACY.

The Tigers and the Astros are the two teams I'm looking at. Road seems a bit tough for the three others behind us (Yankees, Royals, and Mariners). That series against Detroit next weekend could easily make or break our season.

The tigers have to figure out how to beat the Indians. They are 1-11 vs them so far this season with 7 games left.

Archived